Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In game cups.

Options
  • 11-12-2017 8:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭

It's cup season, these are always a pleasant diversion from the main game and ORs mini leagues etc. This thread for posting updates and hopefully a few from FSA get deep runs..

GW16 saw the qualifying round of the FPL cup. This year some 4.2 million teams making the first round in GW17. I made it through and face what looks like a dead team with Vardy (c). We all know what happens next...

The first round of the FFS cup was GW16 and I got through in that too 64-61.

The qualifying for FFS members cup was GW16 so fingers crossed 64 was enough there.

I believe the Harps CL is at the knock out stages as well. I didn't enter this year cause feel that the chips have made a mess of paid cup competitions but I'm sure plenty of FSAers are in it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I'm up against some guy who put Kane as his 3rd sub at the weekend.

His team is decent otherwise and that's the kinda maverick move that could cause an upset in gw17

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Good that they seem to have added an extra round to the main cup this year. It was getting increasingly difficult to qualify when there was just 2million teams in round 1.

Should mean a lot of dead teams to navigate though. The cup isn't the cup without tales of frustration as dead teams March forward at the expense of us obsessives

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Crazy that it's hard because it's just 2 million teams! This is the first time I've missed the ffs Cup but I've won it already so I don't mind passing be embarrassing to win it again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Up against a dead team here too. Lukaku captain.

Potential banana skin.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

jimmii wrote: »
    Crazy that it's hard because it's just 2 million teams! This is the first time I've missed the ffs Cup but I've won it already so I don't mind passing be embarrassing to win it again :pac:

Don't previous winners get automatic qualification? Plus a little cup beside their name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Playing one of those dead teams that is a good dead team
    DDG, Azpil, Bellerin, Mane, Salah, Kane and Morata (c).
    It is going to be a tough one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I'm up against what appeared as a dead team at first.

On second glance, big Brighton fan with Dunk, Gross & Stephens in their team and Kane el capitano.

This user hasn't made a transfer since GW11 but played bench boost last GW returning 0 points. Confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭evancunny95

Up against a poor Liverpool fan who has Henderson as his captain from week 1... Just waiting for Henderson to score a hat-trick against West Brom now

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Up against a dead team started in gw4 BUT could easily lose to it
    De gea
    Walker Alonso Bavies
    Martial Salah Alli xhaka
    Captain firmino Okazaki quaner

Elliot alder luiz Miki

4.5ml OR

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

My opponent is 69k and has a good team. Oh well, have to beat the best to be the best..or something like that :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Agree with the sentiment posted above about chips and paid cup competitions. Made the finals and semi finals of the 2 Harps competitions last year but couldn’t get it done in either. 14 points ahead in the first leg of the first KO stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

KevIRL wrote: »
    Don't previous winners get automatic qualification? Plus a little cup beside their name?

Yeah you get a bye but you still need to put your team id in by the same deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Looks like i'm playing a dead team - hasn't made any transfers all season and has DDG as captain. Although with fixtures I could be in trouble with his defensive set up.

DDG
    Walker, Otamendi, Kompany, Valencia
    Xhaka, Kante, Alli, Salah,
    Firmino, Morata

Hegazi, Can and Rooney on bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Found this on Reddit, seems to be fairly spot on. It applies for my game anyway.
    FPL Rules for the cup state that "Each qualifying team will be randomly drawn against another in the first round"

However, there's a very strong pattern based on your most recent gameweek.

4 of us in my league got over 60, and our opponents fit the pattern perfectly. 38 (61), 35 (69), 34 (70), 34 (70).

Poking further, world #2 "Salah Dodger" also got 69, and is also against a 35 pointer. People scoring 40 face people with 57, and people with 57 face people with 40.

ed59453e4da038d898a0b44143fc9458.png

I scored 56 in GW16 and my opponent scored 41..

Doesnt really matter but an interesting spot!

There's going to be a 1 point margin of error as some scores will be more/less common. Very curious to see if the second round is ranked, or random as per the "rules".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'd say if they have an Australian FSA there's some flaming galah cursing his luck with the shark he's after drawing :pac: sorry Jai Afeaki but you're screwed. Although I didn't even qualify for last years cup :o

Harps cup and Champions league are more of a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Found this on Reddit, seems to be fairly spot on. It applies for my game anyway.

There's going to be a 1 point margin of error as some scores will be more/less common. Very curious to see if the second round is ranked, or random as per the "rules".

I got 43, he got 54. Seems to fit the pattern.

62 ME
    37 HIM

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I got an active fella. im done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Me 71

Her 34

Seems to fit

She hasn't touched the team since August. Kane up front with Lukaku Captain.

I hope Lukaku doesn't pick this week to get his Mojo back.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

59 for moi and 37 for him (he has a rank 5,464,225 and triple captained de Gea at the weekend).Surely nothing can go wrong ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

My opponent is ranked at over 3.2mil. Defiantly not a dead team, 18 transfers in his history. 3 City players, Sane, Sterling, and Aguero (captained at the weekend). VC was Lakaku. I'm going out in the 1st Rd, aren't I.

59 for moi and 37 for him (he has a rank 5,464,225 and triple captained de Gea at the weekend).Surely nothing can go wrong ;)

Is there that amount of teams this year!?????? Don't feel as bad about my rank now !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Playing a dead team but one with Aguero as captain and De Bruyne vice.

Potential banana skin there for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cartman78

My opponent is not just active but possibly overactive...ranked at 4.5 million, 32 transfers made so far, TC and Free Hit used...not a bad looking team but 2 Southampton midfielders is a bit odd I guess.

Could be a tight one with half my team doubtful for GW 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

My opponents is 4.9m OR and has been playing since GW1 but he woke up last week. I'm getting sacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

I'm matched up against an Indian he's ranked 4.3m started in gw3 wild carded in gw4 took a 36 point hit in gw5 and used hit free hit in gw6. We both have Kane morata salah hazard and sterling though so it'll be tricky

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'm matched up against an Indian he's ranked 4.3m started in gw3 wild carded in gw4 took a 36 point hit in gw5 and used hit free hit in gw6. We both have Kane morata salah hazard and sterling though so it'll be tricky

Must have been chasing the top player of the week accolade then gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Didn't make either of the FFS cups, not surprising given my form this year
    Playing some Canadian with Lukaku, Martial and Sane and a big defence

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Up against a dead team with KDB captain. Last gameweek was his first red arrow since GW6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Happy days my opponent started with a -28 :)

Advertisement