Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Copy of an RTE Programme

Options
  • 09-12-2017 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I am looking for a copy of the RTE highlights of a national league hurling match from April 16, 2000 between Waterford and Tipperary. I have emailed RTE archives but got no response. Does anyone know how I could get a copy of this footage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭LooseCannonUF

Tipp Red wrote: »
    I am looking for a copy of the RTE highlights of a national league hurling match from April 16, 2000 between Waterford and Tipperary. I have emailed RTE archives but got no response. Does anyone know how I could get a copy of this footage?

Ask TG4

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Tipp Red

Ask TG4
    Thanks. Eventhough, its the English version I require, would TG4 still hold copies of RTE Sports highlights programmes?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭LooseCannonUF

Thanks. Eventhough, its the English version I require, would TG4 still hold copies of RTE Sports highlights programmes?

Probably, yes.
    Eir Sport may have it either.

Probably, yes.
    Eir Sport may have it either.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

very unusual match to be looking for

did u play in it, related to a player or need it for a club function ???

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    very unusual match to be looking for

did u play in it, related to a player or need it for a club function ???

I didn't play in it. My parents were at the game and were shown in a close up. Along with that and some memorable commentary from a Tipp perspective! It would make a perfect Christmas present☺

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I didn't play in it. My parents were at the game and were shown in a close up. Along with that and some memorable commentary from a Tipp perspective! It would make a perfect Christmas present☺

pretty cool present

I imagine footage could be in an archive some where in RTE or TG4.

Is there some sort of law in place forbidding nationally recorded programmes etc being destroyed ???

best of luck with the search and hopefully you get it

Advertisement