Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea of Thieves

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I'll be on about 8ish so I'll miss out on the first 2 hours but I'll be around for the later session too

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

The second session has been delayed until midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

When is the next session? missed it last night.

I think there is a session on all week from what I read in the email
    First is from 6pm to 9pm and then another from 11pm to 1am

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

Yea first one is 6pm today I think

• Advertisement

any one play it over the weekend sessions? great to see the updates since I last played it about a month ago.

Yeah it was nice, loved getting shot out of the cannon and the sunken ships with treasure chests is a nice touch

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I haven't really played much more of the beta, launch date now March 20th

A very nice limited edition controller announced too:

6820386e-63e2-4bd4-bd9c-91826ca58d16.jpg?n=X1-Controller-X1-Controller-SoT_gallery_1056x594_02.jpg

spyglass in trailer.... nice!

Rare have also updated the website with a lot more info about what you'll be doing in the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Downloading the alpha technical version.

Hopefully I get some time to play in over the next few days.

Tried a few times to get on last night. Was just getting 'kiwibeard' error. Off to a flier!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

This game is great! haven't had this much fun in a game in ages. As mentioned before the detail in the sea is incredible. The way the boat moves almost makes you feel seasick.
    Handling of the ships is brilliant and when on a 4 man galleon needs everyone to help out to get the most out of the wind.

Currently its lacking a bit in content, but it was a technical alpha so i imagine there was a good bit left out.

Cross play worked perfectly for us too.

EDIT: sould this thread be in general gaming ? Since its play anywhere ?

Closed Beta running from Jan 24th - 29th
    All hands are now back on deck here at Rare as we sail toward launch. We’ll have plenty to share, show off and celebrate before then, but we’re beginning 2018 with the announcement of our upcoming Closed Beta dates.

The Sea of Thieves Closed Beta will run from 12 p.m. GMT on January 24 to 8 a.m. GMT on January 29 (4 a.m. PST on January 24 to 12 a.m. PST on January 29), which gives pirates a full five days of sailing, shanties and shenanigans. We’ve crafted a bespoke experience for Closed Beta players that offers a true taste of the pirate life and a great chance to get your sea legs ahead of March 20! We won’t be testing the full game during this Closed Beta phase: we want to keep a good selection of things up our sleeves for players to discover at launch. So get your calendars out and get those dates pencilled in!

The Sea of Thieves Closed Beta will be accessible to anyone who joined the Sea of Thieves Insider Programme before December 1, 2017, and anyone who pre-orders the game. If you’ve already pre-ordered the game and want to find out how to download the Closed Beta client, visit our website.

One final thing: the Closed Beta will not be covered by an NDA, so players can stream, create videos, share clips, take screenshots or do anything else that their wonderful minds can come up with. Some of our favourites will no doubt be shared on Sea of Thieves’ social channels and website

Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/01/09/sea-thieves-closed-beta-coming-jan-24-29/#58jhSU55FxqlQhUc.99

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Yea I got an email about this today alright, I'll def be jumping on for a few games anyway. Only played a handful during the alpha but liked it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

The Beta is going to be non-NDA, so streamers, YouTubers, magazines and blogs will likely have all sorts of coverage.

It'll be interesting to see what they have to say ... And how much of it will be dedicated to the in-game water!)

Currently on CD Keys for €39.89

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,119 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is this going to have full crossplay with the Win10 version? Be a real shame if it didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

So I know this is primarily made for co op play, but it does have support for solo.
    Is there any gameplay video out there showing this? I can't seem to find any showing the small ship for 1 or 2 players.
    https://www.seaofthieves.com/game#can-i-play-the-game-solo

Can I play the game solo?
    Absolutely, but be prepared for a challenge! At launch we have large ships designed for collaborative crews of four, and smaller ships designed for one or two players.

• Advertisement

Anyone on this? Any significant updates or changes?

brav wrote: »
    So I know this is primarily made for co op play, but it does have support for solo.
    Is there any gameplay video out there showing this? I can't seem to find any showing the small ship for 1 or 2 players.
    https://www.seaofthieves.com/game#can-i-play-the-game-solo

Can I play the game solo?
    Absolutely, but be prepared for a challenge! At launch we have large ships designed for collaborative crews of four, and smaller ships designed for one or two players.
    Yes you can play solo, in crews of two and crews of 4.If you go onto the SOT youtube channel, there is videos explaining it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

gmg678 wrote: »
    Yes you can play solo, in crews of two and crews of 4.If you go onto the SOT youtube channel, there is videos explaining it all.

Ya I saw the dev video saying it would be in the game and how it would look, but haven't seen someone play in that mode yet in the betas, so I was wondering if this because it is not in there yet or else just not practical or fun

brav wrote: »
    Ya I saw the dev video saying it would be in the game and how it would look, but haven't seen someone play in that mode yet in the betas, so I was wondering if this because it is not in there yet or else just not practical or fun

NDA wouldn't let anyone stream or release details but a big part of the game is the team element. The NDA will be lifted soon so keep an eye out, but solo is relaxing.

erkifino wrote: »
    NDA wouldn't let anyone stream or release details but a big part of the game is the team element. The NDA will be lifted soon so keep an eye out, but solo is relaxing.

Roll on the NDA-Free beta (24-29 Jan). Streams, YouTube and News Sites will be crammed with info and almost all questions will be answered.

Rare will be keeping some interesting goodies back for the full game, however.

I only got in at the last technical test. Reading back over the last year of development it's interesting to see how it evolved.

I am hoping for more goodies though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Sea of Thieves or Skull and Bones? Which will have the most meat to keep you going back for more.

How are you finding Sea of Thieves for content? Is there enough to do or will this game become boring fast? I might hold off buying until the reviews hit.

ZiabR wrote: »
    Sea of Thieves or Skull and Bones? Which will have the most meat to keep you going back for more.

How are you finding Sea of Thieves for content? Is there enough to do or will this game become boring fast? I might hold off buying until the reviews hit.
    Skull and Bones seems, from what I have seen, to be like the Pirate ships section of Assassins Creed 4 carved out into it's own game.

Sea of Thieves will hopefully tip its hand this week with some details of the depth to the game - there is plenty of exploring to do, but it could get old quickly if there is just a lot of the same old quests and riddles ad nauseum, even if there are three factors. Also a lot will depend on how they handle camping (don't bother doing a quest, just hang out at the payoff location and ambush anyone who arrives with loot).

Hadn't heard of skull and bones. Looks intriguing. I must really play black flag...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Advertisement