Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man cements microwave to his head

Options
  • 07-12-2017 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-42271150
    An internet "prankster" had to be freed by firefighters after cementing his head inside a microwave oven.
    West Midlands Fire Service said it took an hour to free the man after they were called to a house in Fordhouses, Wolverhampton.
    Friends had managed to feed an air tube into the 22-year-old's mouth to help him breathe, the service said.
    Watch Commander Shaun Dakin said the man "could quite easily have suffocated or have been seriously injured".
    Mr Dakin said: "He and a group of friends had mixed seven bags of Polyfilla which they then poured around his head, which was protected by a plastic bag inside the microwave.
    "The oven was being used as a mould and wasn't plugged in. The mixture quickly set hard and, by the time we were called, they'd already been trying to free him for an hour and a half."
    Crews from the technical rescue team helped with taking the microwave apart, he added.
    "It took us nearly an hour to free him," added Mr Dakin.
    "All of the group involved were very apologetic, but this was clearly a call-out which might have prevented us from helping someone else in genuine, accidental need."

I'm lost for words.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,088 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Sometimes a headline is all that's required.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Dingggg...he’s done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

That’d void the warranty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

Amateur. He never plugged it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

mortarfying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

I bet his head was melted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

He radiates stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

What a half baked idea

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

What a brickhead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Imagine if he'd died? Accidentally killing yourself at 22 because you went and stuck your head in a cement filled microwave, what a waste of a life that'd have been.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

i bet this guy also voted for the UK to leave the EU!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

What a complete wanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Keep pushing those boundaries folks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

What a brainwave he had.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He didn't wait for the beep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

What a waste of the fire service time, would it not be best just to let these idiots die ? like a darwin award

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

MmEz_f-maxage-0.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Wow that guy is such a conventional pun.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Noveight wrote: »
    Imagine if he'd died? Accidentally killing yourself at 22 because you went and stuck your head in a cement filled microwave, what a waste of a life that'd have been.

Debatable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

But now that he survived there is a chance he can spawn and spread the terminally stupid genes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    mortarfying

More like...

Mortar-FRYING!

Amirite? :pac:

Is this thing on?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭pawdee

Twattus Familiaris.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

Pero_Bueno wrote: »
    What a waste of the fire service time, would it not be best just to let these idiots die ? like a darwin award

Nice idea for a Darwin plaque though. Man with his head stuck in a microwave.

I thought polyfilla expanded when drying No?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Christ, imagine that was your son. Going down to aldi and Mary from down the road saying she heard what happened.

At least now he knows what to get his mam for Christmas.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If he thought that was a good idea then he must have been stoned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Wonder was his food still cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Keep the puns in the Oven lads! this is about Microwaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Imagine the shape of the coffin!

Internet prankster? I don't get what he was supposed to be pranking, Curry's warranty people?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Well I did and then made a fortune short-selling Sterling against all major currencies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

But its worth clicking the link for the photos

Advertisement