Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iconomi

Options
  • 04-12-2017 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Has anyone signed up with these guys, seems to be a bit like Etoro.
    Curious to know peoples experiences

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

seannash wrote:
    Hi, Has anyone signed up with these guys, seems to be a bit like Etoro. Curious to know peoples experiences

I saw your post on another thread, am new to all of this, have you invested?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

I have but I'm definitely not an expert. Too soon to say whether or not its going to reap any rewards but I had coins bought and sitting on bittrex just moving up and down in small amounts so I transferred everything to Iconomi.
    So far I'm up 9.5% in 2 days.

Obviously I could have hit it on a good two days but for me its seems better to let people who know way more about investing handle my crypto money than me

seannash wrote:
    Obviously I could have hit it on a good two days but for me its seems better to let people who know way more about investing handle my crypto money than me

Would agree with this, could you outline how I can set up an account with them, I have opened with coinbase and transferred a small amount of euro in but they only deal with Bitcoin, ethereum and litecoin, they have an inbuilt wallet which is the reason I picked them and seem reputable. Will research a bit more about your topic.

august12 wrote: »
    Would agree with this, could you outline how I can set up an account with them, I have opened with coinbase and transferred a small amount of euro in but they only deal with Bitcoin, ethereum and litecoin, they have an inbuilt wallet which is the reason I picked them and seem reputable. Will research a bit more about your topic.
    So
    buy Etherium or Bitcoin on Coinbase (Ethereum is quicker to transfer)

Set up an account on Iconomi.

Select deposit in Iconomi and get your Ethereum address

Move your Ethereum from Coinbase to your Iconomi account

Once Ethereum is in your Iconomi decide what DAA you want to invest in and how much

seannash wrote:
    Once Ethereum is in your Iconomi decide what DAA you want to invest in and how much

Can I lodge money directly in iconomi and let it decide where to invest or have I to select my own.

• Advertisement

august12 wrote: »
    Can I lodge money directly in iconomi and let it decide where to invest or have I to select my own.
    When you say money I assume you mean Bitcoin or Ethereum. If you mean lodge cash or transfer from a bank or Card then no.

In terms of where to invest, you cant invest in the company itself on the Iconomi platform but you can buy ICN coins (Iconomi) which will increase or decrease as the company performs. This would be similar to any other alt coin.

So if you want to invest in the DAA's you have to do it yourself Or you can take your money and spread it over the 10 or so available DAA's

All the above, like any investing, is where the risk lies. The arse could fall out of the company, the coins the DAA's select could plummet etc etc.

But please do your research. I'm comfortable with what I'm currently gambling with on the Iconomi platform

Just an FYI

Since we started this conversation I've gone from being up 9.5% to being up about 8.5%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Seems like a good way to diversify with minimal effort.

Just an update on this.
    I went into two different DAA's when I initially signed up but then decided to put everything into a DAA that was bitcoin heavy to ride the bitcoin train for a bit (60% of the portfolio was Bitcoin)
    Kind of hopped around a bit from different DAA's as I got a bit spooked when they started dropping but settled on on particular DAA at 8:16pm on December 15.

This morning the profit on that DAA for me was 18.37%
    Seems like a decent way to have your money work for you if you are still new to Cryptos.

I plan on putting some of the profits into a DAA that doesn't have any Bitcoin or Etherum in them to kind of offset any fall those two will have as they make up 30% of my current DAA's portfolio.

I realize that if Bitcoin crashes the others will follow but hopefully the other DAA will buy me some time to see what I need to do

Just an update on this.
    So the DAA has been performing incredibly well.
    This morning I am up 50%
    Its really quite incredible in 6 days.

Of course the wheels could come off this at any time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Wow, that's amazing. I'm definitely going in

Advertisement