Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Charade made by O'Shea Group in Ireland

Options
  • 03-12-2017 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello. My name is Rainer and I am from Vienna in Austria. For many years I have been a fan of the Japanese car brand Daihatsu. In 2005 I bought a classic from Daihatsu, a Daihatsu Charade G10,4 doors. During the restoration I became more and more a fan of this little car and so I searched for all the information about this car. I have also set up a homepage for this model (link in my profile). 

I also heard that in Ireland the Charade G10 was also built (CKD) and I am looking for information and especially photos and report about this company and of course the cars.

I'd love for you to help me with this.

Love greetings

Rainer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

Search Terenure car show on boards hear

Daihatsu-Charade-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Tin Lizzy

I'd reckon the Charade shown above is unlikely to be an irish assembled example for it has import numberplates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭gipi

Tin Lizzy wrote: »
    I'd reckon the Charade shown above is unlikely to be an irish assembled example for it has import numberplates.

No, it has vintage plates - any vehicle 30 yrs and over can be reregistered as ZV, even original Irsh reg vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

gipi wrote: »
    No, it has vintage plates - any vehicle 30 yrs and over can be reregistered as ZV, even original Irsh reg vehicles.

Has anyone ever done that? Surely an original plate makes the car more valuable? Or are you saying it might have been regged in Ireland, exported, then reimported and got ZV plates?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

gipi wrote: »
    any vehicle 30 yrs and over can be reregistered as ZV, even original Irsh reg vehicles.

Why in God's name would anyone do that?

Realistically speaking is highly likely that it's an import and therfore not irish asembled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Even if you exported and re imported you would get the old reg number back based on the chassis number.

I remember those Charades in the 80's there was a good few around, had a 3 cylinder engine.
    They did rust badly although a lot of them came in an awful chocolate brown colour so the rust wasn't too noticeable .

Here's one off Google images.
    3da34858211327700e03e9e92db1d8c65353698b.jpg

Advertisement