Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 16 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Pogba to Rambo

Elliot to Pereira for 0.2 in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 9,631 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kane, Pogba and Dilva out

Morata, Ramsey and Hazard in

... That was my plan this morning but the spurs dgw has me dittering.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Kane, Pogba and Dilva out

Morata, Ramsey and Hazard in

... That was my plan this morning but the spurs dgw has me dittering.

But he blanks the week before as a result so you could just get him back in for the DGW

• Registered Users Posts: 9,631 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

But he blanks the week before as a result so you could just get him back in for the DGW

Yeah but I'd have to sell Morata or Aguero and find and Xtra 1.2 million in my midfield. I'll mull it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Have Elliott & Hennessey.

Fabianski (for Hennessy) - WBA MCY eve CYP liv

Or

Speroni (for Elliott) - BOU WAT lei swa ARS

50/50 call?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Generally going 3-5-2 most weeks but I was worried about groß and Shaqiri this weekend so going 4-3-3 this week
    Joselu --> wood
    Rooney --> vardy
    Alonso --> sakho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Have Elliott & Hennessey.

Fabianski (for Hennessy) - WBA MCY eve CYP liv

Or

Speroni (for Elliott) - BOU WAT lei swa ARS

50/50 call?

Well you have .4M more itb with the palace GKs.

I got lucky this year starting with both Swansea keepers. I still have my WC and would consider the palace GKs as an alternative. (It would save me .2M)
    I would be expecting/hoping for clean sheets though as I'd still expect Fabianski to get more saves.

You've listed the next five fixtures which suggests you plan on using your second WC early?
    I think you could try the Palace Pair on for size.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Thoughts on Palace defenders?

I have Dann (4.7). I'm thinking of banking my transfer this week in the hope he plays. Hodgson said Tomkins was just a decision to combat Brighton's style. Tomkins then got injured and Kelly stepped in in the last match. So it seems all up for grabs and I think there's a chance Dann comes back in.

Otherwise the nailed on options seem to be Schlupp (4.7), Ward (4.8) and Sakho (4.9). Seems like Sakho is a bps magnet if they keep a cleany and is close to rising, so Dann out for Sakho seems logical. The extra .1 or .2 might be useful in squeezing in Jones or Smalling later however (have 1.0 itb and a couple of 4.4 defs)

If I take the risk on Dann and he doesn't play then I have Yedlin (Leicester home) or Francis (Palace away) to call upon.

Worth this transfer or would you bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Thinking of Pog out - Mahrez in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Bank
    Morzadec wrote: »
    Thoughts on Palace defenders?

I have Dann (4.7). I'm thinking of banking my transfer this week in the hope he plays. Hodgson said Tomkins was just a decision to combat Brighton's style. Tomkins then got injured and Kelly stepped in in the last match. So it seems all up for grabs and I think there's a chance Dann comes back in.

Otherwise the nailed on options seem to be Schlupp (4.7), Ward (4.8) and Sakho (4.9). Seems like Sakho is a bps magnet if they keep a cleany and is close to rising, so Dann out for Sakho seems logical. The extra .1 or .2 might be useful in squeezing in Jones or Smalling later however (have 1.0 itb and a couple of 4.4 defs)

If I take the risk on Dann and he doesn't play then I have Yedlin (Leicester home) or Francis (Palace away) to call upon.

Worth this transfer or would you bank?

Bank.
    Sakho is highly likely to become Jones/Smalling anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Pogba to Ramsey, Krul to Speroni. Haven't been so unenthused about a -4 in ages.

ElTel wrote: »
    Bank

Bank.
    Sakho is highly likely to become Jones/Smalling anyway.

Yeah I think bank is the right move, thanks. I'll be well placed to see where Jones is at with his recovery next week, if DLC is first choice or if there's a chance of Niasse coming back in, if Dann is 100% out of the first team.

Should have a lot more info next week to help me plan a good squad for the Christmas period, plus more wiggle room if something unexpected happens

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Bloody Hazard Is going up again tommorrw so being forced into a move now.

Thinking Pogba to Hazard Sane to Sterling and Lukaku to Lacazette. - 4 points 0.2 left in the bank.

Yay or nay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

tailgunner wrote: »
    Pogba to Ramsey, Krul to Speroni. Haven't been so unenthused about a -4 in ages.

Is speroni for bench fodder or going to be your number 1. Speroni might not play as looked like he was dropped and only got his game because of injury to Hennessy.

Also -4 is not normally worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Is speroni for bench fodder or going to be your number 1. Speroni might not play as looked like he was dropped and only got his game because of injury to Hennessy.

Also -4 is not normally worth it!

Funny story.

I had Elliot and Krul for ages, which left me with no playing keeper when Elliot got dropped. Guess who I got in for Elliot last weekend? His first name is Wayne and his last name rhymes with Bennessey.

Getting Speroni in for a hit is actually a cunning move that means Hodgson can play whoever he likes in goal, short of Benteke, and I'll still pick up my tasty two points.

Watch the match get called off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Thinking
    Sane -> Sanchez
    Kane -> Firmino

Things cant get much worse for me at this stage

tailgunner wrote: »
    Funny story.

I had Elliot and Krul for ages, which left me with no playing keeper when Elliot got dropped. Guess who I got in for Elliot last weekend? His first name is Wayne and his last name rhymes with Bennessey.

Wayne Fennessey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Green&Red wrote: »
    Thinking
    Sane -> Sanchez
    Kane -> Firmino

Wouldnt touch Sanchez tbh and I say that as a gooner, his head is gone and he is all over the place, constantly loosing possesion, alienated from his team mates and generally just acting like a spoilt child. Ozil and Ramsey are far better options for Arsenal cover or perhaps Lacazette and Coutinho as ooposed to Sanchez and Firmino?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

danganabu wrote: »
    Green&Red wrote: »
    Thinking
    Sane -> Sanchez
    Kane -> Firmino

Wouldnt touch Sanchez tbh and I say that as a gooner, his head is gone and he is all over the place, constantly loosing possesion, alienated from his team mates and generally just acting like a spoilt child. Ozil and Ramsey are far better options for Arsenal cover or perhaps Lacazette and Coutinho as ooposed to Sanchez and Firmino?
    Also on 4 bookings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Swapped Pogba to Ramsey last night.
    Should I also do Salah to Hazard??

DeGea
    Bavies - Monreal - Ward - Maguire
    Ramsey - Salah - Dilva - Surman
    Aguero - Morata

Elliot - Schindler - Loftus-Cheek - Joselu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

DeGea
    Aguero - Morata

By all means get Hazard, but Salah isn't the player to get rid of.

By all means get Hazard, but Salah isn't the player to get rid of.

Yes, but he's the only one that I can afford to get in Hazard with! Hence my quandary.... 1.8m in bank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Yes, but he's the only one that I can afford to get in Hazard with! Hence my quandary.... 1.8m in bank

Bavies, Monreal and Auguero are all luxuries that can be done without, free up some funds that way, Hazard and Salah are the two must haves imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,581 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Not sure if the numbers are on your side but maybe downgrading Bavies and then do Dilva to Hazard might be an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,361 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

DeGea
    Aguero - Morata

Salah's ownership is over 50% now, he will hurt you if you sell him.

Salah's ownership is over 50% now, he will hurt you if you sell him.

DeGea
    Aguero - Morata

Okay, thanks guys, seems like I should take a 4 point hit and keep Salah, ditch Silva and Bavies, and get in Hazard (and then Duffy maybe as my cheapo defender)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

@RickSpur: Kyle Walker-Peters is set to come on for Danny Rose, who appeared to exchange some words with Pochettino before walking down the tunnel. #COYS

#THFC #UCL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Thinking Kun/Niasse/Yedlin out for Firmino/Austin/Otamendi
    Rest of the team
    DDG(Elliot)
    Monreal, Mee, Klavan, Daniels
    Salah, Richarlison, Gross, Hazard, Shaqiri,
    Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Hmmm strongly thinking of sane to coutinho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Thinking of a Liverpool triple up Daniels to Mariappa, Dilva to Cout, and Wilson to Firmino for a - 4 hmmm have the exact funds

Edit: DONE

Advertisement