Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Security at District 8

• 04-12-2017 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

So I was chatting with a friend this morning who'd been to Nicole Moudaber at District 8 over the weekend. I haven't been for ages & neither had he.

He was well shocked at the security going on there. Stuff like this -
    - Most guys had to take their shoes off & shake them out, have them searched, etc.
    - Many guys had to take their jackets off completely before being searched.
    - Bouncers were checking peoples eyes with torches, asking where they'd been, how many drinks they'd had, etc.
    - All girls had their bags searched - nothing new there.
    - Gardaí detectives were taking people out of the queue to be searched. My mate was one of them. Pat down, pockets, questions, etc. He was clean so no probs.
    - Inside, he saw people being searched, especially around the corridor to the toilets.

Is this normal for District 8? Any District 8 regulars know the score there?

What's the next thing - dogs at the queue & in the club?

LM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭mkdon

WHere is district 8 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

mkdon wrote: »
    WHere is district 8 ?
    On Frances St. Dublin. The old Tivoli Theatre place.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Probably trying to avoid another Pepper. Not that I necessarily agree, but looks like its full of 19 yo's so not surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mickb

Hi,

I was there for Kerri Chandler a few weeks ago.
    First time there. Thought the security was a bit serious. Seemed to be about three levels.

First check at the street, then into the que for a full security check.
    They were asking everyone for ID, years since I was asked for ID.

The security didn't bother me about the night. But what did bother me was the sound. It was terrible, couldn't make out anything that was being played.
    Left early due to the poor venue sound.

Contacted promoter about the poor sound quality, never got a reply.

MiCk B. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mickb

Mickb wrote: »

Contacted promoter about the poor sound quality, never got a reply.

Hi,

Just to update this promoter did reply to me about sound quality.

MiCk B. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Any updates on this, bouncers still OTT?? Looking for somewhere to go with a gang next week but definitely don't want everyone hassled when we are just out for a fun night.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Ive even seen bouncers at D8 ask lads to tilt their heads back to check their nostrils for residue...

It is a bit excessive at times, especially if the act has a younger following.
    From what Ive found, the easiest way to guarantee a peaceful time :

1) Don't wear a bubble jacket, everyone wearing one got the full search.
    2) If you're 25 or under just bring ID even if places normally don't ask
    3) If you have one of them young lad haircuts with the fade on the back and sides and longer on top - sorry, youre getting a full pat down, wallet and shoes checked.
    4) Don't be going up to the door sniffelling and grabbing your nose even if you have / havent done a load of white.

Despite these checks, drugs are still shockingly available in that club. Im sure management are making a genuine effort to stamp it out, but I don't think ive ever been offered more drugs for sale in any club I've ever been in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Ive even seen bouncers at D8 ask lads to tilt their heads back to check their nostrils for residue...

It is a bit excessive at times, especially if the act has a younger following.
    From what Ive found, the easiest way to guarantee a peaceful time :

1) Don't wear a bubble jacket, everyone wearing one got the full search.
    2) If you're 25 or under just bring ID even if places normally don't ask
    3) If you have one of them young lad haircuts with the fade on the back and sides and longer on top - sorry, youre getting a full pat down, wallet and shoes checked.
    4) Don't be going up to the door sniffelling and grabbing your nose even if you have / havent done a load of white.

Despite these checks, drugs are still shockingly available in that club. Im sure management are making a genuine effort to stamp it out, but I don't think ive ever been offered more drugs for sale in any club I've ever been in.

Ah sound,won't be going too wasted or anything but at same time might be showing some effects :), just looking for a chilled out place to dance for the gang so will head somewhere else even if music won't be as good as what's on in D8

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

When I went I was patted down, and after that I was repeatedly asked 'are you ok?' 'are you sure?'. I just answered and got thru.
    My friend was quizzed further about his age however. Took a little while.
    Definitely the strictest security I've ever had to deal with to get into a club, but it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Northern Ireland has some ****e laws and the psni are ****heads at times, but the club scene up north seems to be a lot more relaxed compared to Dublin. I was at District 8 and the Button Factory before christmas and it was mad to see how tight security was compared to club nights in Derry and Belfast.

• Advertisement
Advertisement