Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Lockie101 wrote: »
    If the results are pushed back then the whole process gets pushed back which means later AC, later PCA, later medical and later GV start!

It’s like dominos, once one falls then the next one falls and the next one and the next one
    Hopefully they work double time and still meet the 18th deadline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Doubt they will miss the deadline or if they do it won't be by much as they will already be in the S-H-I-T for the IST cock up

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

They will be in trouble and probably fined for failing to provide the service as promised to the PSNI.

I hope they do meet it but I can see it being pushed back due to the extended IST dates

They were already doing a late IST for those who need reasonable adjustment so again I doubt the knock on affect will be drastic

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

I thought the reasonable adjustment tests ran parallel to the other IST tests?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 mrlovalova22

Unfortunately not mate, I am still awaiting my link to do the ist as I needed mine adjusted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

No I know a few people still waiting for their link for adjusted ist.
    Hopefully the results still come out around 19th. But if not, nothing we can do. Just more time to practice for the AC. Everyone just needs to relax. Just becausd they say a date doesnt mean 9am on that date etc. Pretty sure last campaign I got results through just before 8pm on the day the results were due

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 bangedtorights

Hope everyone still waiting, gets their link soon. You will all smash it.

The nerves will be jangling when people start posting up here that the results are in. I might need to get someone else to open my email

NiK9 wrote: »
    No I know a few people still waiting for their link for adjusted ist.
    Hopefully the results still come out around 19th. But if not, nothing we can do. Just more time to practice for the AC. Everyone just needs to relax. Just becausd they say a date doesnt mean 9am on that date etc. Pretty sure last campaign I got results through just before 8pm on the day the results were due

I got IST result like 3 days after they said last time lol

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Has anyone heard anything more about the IST being back on line yet? I've checked join psni twice today and still no update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cbm27

Update on join psni page guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

IST Stage Update (17:30 4th December):

We are finalising the resolutions to the online IST system and anticipate bringing the system back online later this week. We will issue a further communication to impacted candidates on Thursday 7 th December outlining when the system will reopen and revised timescales for completion of the test. Once the online IST reopens candidates will have a further week in which to complete and submit the test.

Once again we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

NornIron74 wrote: »
    IST Stage Update (17:30 4th December):

We are finalising the resolutions to the online IST system and anticipate bringing the system back online later this week. We will issue a further communication to impacted candidates on Thursday 7 th December outlining when the system will reopen and revised timescales for completion of the test. Once the online IST reopens candidates will have a further week in which to complete and submit the test.

Once again we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks for the update guys...the waiting continues for everyone!

To be honest this is not setting a great tone for the rest of this campaign nor does it inspire confidence.

Waiting anxiously for Thursday now as I'm not sure if I'm one of the impacted candidates. Test cut of before I could close it, didn't recieve confirmation email to say it had been saved on Friday like others who had complete it and have emailed Deloitte twice with no reply!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Cbm27 wrote: »
    Waiting anxiously for Thursday now as I'm not sure if I'm one of the impacted candidates. Test cut of before I could close it, didn't recieve confirmation email to say it had been saved on Friday like others who had complete it and have emailed Deloitte twice with no reply!!!

Are you emailing Deloitte? Or are you emailing info@joinpsni?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

To be honest this is not setting a great tone for the rest of this campaign nor does it inspire confidence.
    We always knew something was going to happen with IST since it's their first time doing it online. Everything after this is exactly the same as other years but hopefully alot quicker.
    For the people who have completed ist we are waiting just like we would have been anyway so no change. Anyone still waiting to do it use your time left spent revising.

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Cbm27 wrote: »

Are you emailing Deloitte? Or are you emailing info@joinpsni?

I'm emailing Info@joinpsni is that the right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Yeah thats right, hopefully they get back to you. Check your spam folder incase its in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

So much for application to G'Ville in six months eh? :getlost:

• Advertisement

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Yeah thats right, hopefully they get back to you. Check your spam folder incase its in there.

Nothing there. Hopefully will recieve a reply soon or a link later this week to do it again

Anyone who hasn't done their IST got an update

I believe there is a possibility this campaign may be chinned :(

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Chucky1011

What would be the point in that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Chucky1011

Can’t see them spending hundreds of thousands on new websites, recruitment videos and advertisement to then decide 4 weeks in that there gona pull it but hey maybe you know something nobody else does just my opinion, would be pointless really !

Chucky1011 wrote: »
    What would be the point in that ?
    I doubt they will trash the whole campaign, simply because they will need the new intake of officers

Just a pessimist tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

Biggest retirement year is a month away - there's no chance they'll shelve the recruitment...

They still got 11 days to meet their deadline, that's saying they get the links out today for the peopel who need them and they will most likely have a week to complete it, so next Thursday will be the end of IST's leaves 4 days to compile results and pass/fail emails

• Advertisement

KN1231999 wrote: »
    They still got 11 days to meet their deadline, that's saying they get the links out today for the peopel who need them and they will most likely have a week to complete it, so next Thursday will be the end of IST's leaves 4 days to compile results and pass/fail emails

The whole time line will change as a result of this though...

Advertisement