Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi new to site looking for company

Options
  • 03-12-2017 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All

Looking for help recently separated after 13 years looking to meet new people as all friends in the same circle, have some great friends but to be honest I'm sick of people asking my why my marriage didnt work or am I okay, dont get me wrong I'm very lucky to have friends like that and again to be fair most of them havent taken any sides as there are no sides to take, I just want some people that I can meet after work or nights I dont or do have my beautiful girls (8 &11) just to watch a movie or get a bite to eat, I've done the meet ups site and found it really restricted due to work commitments and I've tried a dating site and found some very strange people. I'm just gone 40 they say life starts now I felt it just ended when my marriage ended, I'm slowly getting back on my feet but very nervous of meeting women and still very sensitive about how I'm feeling anyone interested in talking or meeting up give us a reply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

plenty of activities and clubs out there for all interests, could be perfect time to get involved in something you have never done before. what interests have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LonelyDub77

to be honest i'll try anything except dancing 2 left feet but I really would once I dont have the kids I'd try anything

to be honest i'll try anything except dancing 2 left feet but I really would once I dont have the kids I'd try anything

well thats a good attitude. is there any activities that you ve been thinking about for some time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LonelyDub77

Hi yea I'll probably start going to hurling matches or soccer matches always said i'll go but never do. working in retail so December is a bad month but would love to try something out of my comfort zone, liking a ski dive or bungee jump something silly and by the Wanderer thanks for the comments back got me thinking about things to plan for January/Feb

Hi yea I'll probably start going to hurling matches or soccer matches always said i'll go but never do. working in retail so December is a bad month but would love to try something out of my comfort zone, liking a ski dive or bungee jump something silly and by the Wanderer thanks for the comments back got me thinking about things to plan for January/Feb

no problem at all, now the ideas are coming out!;)

plenty of clubs around here, it maybe time to start going to games, you ll meet tons of people at them. maybe you could get involved with one of the local clubs? sorry its not an area id have an interest in, so i literally have no knowledge of, but maybe other posters can advise on?

are you actually into adrenaline activities or do you just want to try something mad as suggested? id highly recommend a ski dive, id really like to do another one. never done a bungee, but i suspect it wouldnt take much to convince me. had an opportunity to do a serious one in new zealand years ago, didnt bother. i engage in adrenaline activities from time to time, particularly mountain biking. id highly recommend trying such activities, great fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Try voluntary organisations. Great way to meet new people. I’m in the civil defence (looking for new people in the new year afaik, one nights training a week) and Tramore Cliff Rescue (training once every 2/3 weeks). Neither take up much time and I’ve met a lot of good people and made great friends along with learning a lot of skills.

Advertisement