Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,633 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jcd5971 wrote: »
    This is honestly retarded.
    Though it's a psn issue more than a bungee issue

It has nothing to do with Bungie though? It's all PS and the way they make you have double the required space to download.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

emmetkenny wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with Bungie though? It's all PS and the way they make you have double the required space to download.

Thats because Sony encrypt the download so it needs the same amount of space to install the decrypted files. Its an archaic carry over from the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

small video showing some of the new gear/weapons/emotes coming in the DLC,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOdOSibSuxI

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Nice bit at the end with Sweeperbot's Exotic broom emote

Spidermine Grenade Launcher looks interesting, though god knows how useful it actually is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

emmetkenny wrote:

I know which is why I said it was a psn issue.

Could be worse though anyone try digital download of doom... It's ****ing 80gigs.
    I had to delete all my clips and fecking 3 games just to download it

Worth it though.

• Advertisement

So Generic will have it by New Years 2019.

Fyp

Interactive Underbelly map

****ing hell thank you knave,
    Lifesaver now I don't have to play with civic anymore.... Huzzah

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Nice map, looking at the source code - some poor fella had to put in all the co-ordinates.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Just had a look at the blog post,im hopeful.

Does kinda look like a list of things they removed in D2 that were in D1 at the end though.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Just had a look at the blog post,im hopeful.

Does kinda look like a list of things they removed in D2 that were in D1 at the end though.

which in itself will be a good starting point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,882 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Was playing destiny 1 last night.

So diiferent. So quick. So GOSH DARN SWEATY!

plus one player got segwayed into sexting over psn.

3 tap jade rabbit kills. I MISS YOU SO MUCH.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Was playing destiny 1 last night.

So diiferent. So quick. So GOSH DARN SWEATY!

plus one player got segwayed into sexting over psn.

3 tap jade rabbit kills. I MISS YOU SO MUCH.

Was fun, even if I was sucking most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,902 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

What's the story with the D1 pvp comp?

I can't see it happening between people having to re-install D1 and the fallout from the boards split.

It was hard to organise when D1 was going somewhat strong, and that was when everyone was actually talking to each other.

Getting domed by two, TWO, cheating lag switching S O BS on private matches the other night out me off.

"I blinked away". Yeah.... SUUUURE you did, damned lagger.

I'd say getting e ough people to get it installed could be too tough. Might get enough just got some rotating 4v4 or 6vs6 though, for a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Welll myself and dude ran our 1v1 Friday night.
    He won 3-0.
    But I had......fun.

Welll myself and dude ran our 1v1 Friday night.
    He won 3-0.
    But I had......fun.

Dude uses an aimbot. Confirmed.

This is some straight up BS right here.

Just went flawless and the game isn't recognising it!

Furious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Woke up early thinking I could get a jump on the DLC and preload. Been playing the Division and couldn't find the D2 disc. After several minutes searching with anger levels rising (couldn't even find the box) I remembered I bought the digital deluxe version.
    Anyway I couldn't pre-load so wasted my morning. Seems to be going live at 10am PST whatever that is in our hours.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Woke up early thinking I could get a jump on the DLC and preload. Been playing the Division and couldn't find the D2 disc. After several minutes searching with anger levels rising (couldn't even find the box) I remembered I bought the digital deluxe version.
    Anyway I couldn't pre-load so wasted my morning. Seems to be going live at 10am PST whatever that is in our hours.

Isnt the DLC hitting at 5pm??

yeah it's probably what 10am PST is. That would be 10am on the far side of the US so looks about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

PST is 8 hours behind us.

DLC is available to download up to 1 hour ahead of go live.. But have you seen the size requirements? I think PS4 is 44GB

With upwards of 500k people trying to d/l in the same one hour window, I'd wait till tomorrow to download it.

There will be salty forums later today for sure!

The Division 1.8 patch goes live today more downloading on the PSN for me. What a wonderful time to be alive

PST is 8 hours behind us.

DLC is available to download up to 1 hour ahead of go live.. But have you seen the size requirements? I think PS4 is 44GB

With upwards of 500k people trying to d/l in the same one hour window, I'd wait till tomorrow to download it.

There will be salty forums later today for sure!

Download goes live 2 hours before hand. The download is actually only 6 or 8 gig. The 44GB is the total size of Destiny, and with the way Playstation handle downloads you need double the amount of the size required due to the download being encrypted and needing the extra space to decrypt and check that the install is correct without any errors. So while the line from Bungie is that PS needs 88GB space free, the actual download is only 6 or 8 GB IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

If you say land or drop when talking about the release of something, smack yourself for me please.

PetKing wrote: »
    If you say land or drop when talking about the release of something, smack yourself for me please.

giphy.gif

Finally legendary shards your time has come.

• Advertisement

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Finally legendary shards your time has come.

For two weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement