Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I haven't an IOTA

• 27-11-2017 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,377 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else holding IOTA?
    It's a slightly different coin in that it uses an evolved blockchain technology called the TANGLE and all coins are available from the outset. As there's no mining, there's no fees and transactions are near instant due to the use of the meshed blockchain.
    It has been gradually ramping up in the past while and saw significant growth today due to it being added to the second largest Korean exchange tomorrow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I have some, Have been trading it a bit over the last few weeks but kept some for the future cos the project sounded different and interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

i had few, sold at 1.11usd this morn and made a tidy 400euro profit in 3 days. Looks like it wasnt best decision after all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,377 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Yep an ATH just now at 1.25.
    I also cashed out this morning with an ambitious sell order put in at 1.19.
    Still can't believe it has filled, nevermind regretting not holding a bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Was reading about this before delving into cryptocurrency when it was at 70ish. But wanted to lesrn the basics before messing around with transfers and buying in bitcoin. :(

May take a punt but of course gutted I missed this good run

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Was reading about this before delving into crypto currency when it was at 70ish. But wanted to lesrn the basics before messing around with transfers and buying in bitcoin. :(

May take a punt but of course gutted I missed this good run

Don't worry, it'll dip again. Just going through a novelty phase on a new exchange at the moment.
    I'll buy back in but not to the amount I was at previously (unless it dips back to 30c a pop).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

There was bigger news than a new exchange today. Surprised anybody would sell this below $2 at this stage, unless they're into trading. Fúck it. I'm holding until $3 at least.

Really, what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

grindle wrote: »
    There was bigger news than a new exchange today. Surprised anybody would sell this below $2 at this stage, unless they're into trading. Fúck it. I'm holding until $3 at least.

Where/ How did you buy?

Binance.

• Advertisement

Bitfinex too

Interesting. Was wondering what drove it to the ATH around 2pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

Thanks folks

Just gone USD1.36. Didn't see this coming at all.
    Sellers regrets (even at 300% profit).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

400% profit on this now but i didn't buy this coin for trading like NEO and OMG etc, this coin is my longterm hodl that will either go to zero or the moon, the devs are pretty cool on this and just get the job done without making announcements about an announcement, when they complete a task they just put it out there, same can be said for Ark

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Carol25

I bought some of this a few months back after it rose. August i think. Then i lost loads on it!
    I hodled for ages because its interesting but just sold it off a few weeks back after reading an article about how blockchain is way behind in terms of development for Internet of things applications.

I cant believe its gone up so much. What triggered the rise?

EDIT: I'll buy some on the next dip I think.

Possibly a silly question, but on Binance, IOTA is displayed as being worth x BTC whereas you can get dollar pricing elsewhere (as in on price tracking websites). Is it better to just ignore the $ value and focus on how it grows in relation to Bitcoin?

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 26,988 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Possibly a silly question, but on Binance, IOTA is displayed as being worth x BTC whereas you can get dollar pricing elsewhere (as in on price tracking websites). Is it better to just ignore the $ value and focus on how it grows in relation to Bitcoin?

It depends on if you are going to cash out into BTC or into USD (or EUR)

Exchanges typically give the pricing in the currencies that they have markets in.
    Some only trade against BTC, some will do BTC, ETH, LTC and some will do EUR, USD etc.

Its easy to convert to any currency you want via XE.com etc, but again, it all depends on what you want to cash out into.

If you plan on gaining crypto you have to ignore the dollar value.
    30-40% drops against USD mean nothing if the spread between crypto ratios is 10% and you're planning on holding or trading cryptos either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lookingahead

Hi,

I have not invested yet in cryptocurrancies but I am thinking of playing around wit some spare cash.

I like the look of Iota.

However the above 2 platforms, Binanace and Bitfinex do not see to allow EUR deposits?

I am leading towards Binance. Could you help me get started on how to buy IOTA there?

Obviously I need to register which I will do. But if I cannot buy using my card / cash transfer, What is the best way? It seems to me you have to buy other currencies to buy IOTA. If that is the case I would probably be Etherum.

Did you have to join another exchange and buy a currency and transfer it to Binance?

If so what exchange did you use? Is it easy to transfer from one exchange to another?

Apologies for all questions but so much information and some of it is cntradicting on some websites

Looknig forward to your reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

If so what exchange did you use? Is it easy to transfer from one exchange to another?

Did you have to join another exchange and buy a currency and transfer it to Binance?

Coinbase, then buy either btc or eth. Transfer to bittrex or bitfinex and but iota

It's not too bad once you get started.

Open a Coinbase account, then check out the "Avoiding the fees" thread immediately.

Then you can use ETH funds in your GDAX account to transfer over to your Binance account.

That will then enable you to trade for IOTA.

🤪

Sorry I am probably being stupid here!!

Is GDAX part of Coinbase or another exchange?

Does the registration on coinbase take long? I was going too test the water with 1000EUR investment?

Would this be to small with all the fees for transfferring money to coinbase then to Binance etc?

Im hoping not to be regular trader but buy and hold etc...Maybe I will take profits but up to now always buy and hold in terms of stocks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

Part of the same exchange, just one extra layer of authentication, need two for GDAX. If you use sepa to get it in to coinbase then you don't need to worry about GDAX, think it's pretty much the same fee to buy btc/eth on both but of not you can just transfer to GDAX and buy btc there. Then transfer to bittrex or wherever and buy iota.

IOTA on a serious run now. It has more than tripled in value this week.

IOTA on a serious run now. It has more than tripled in value this week.

Unhealthy rise. Bought it a long time ago below ico level but what has changed recently with it? Just fomo?

KilOit wrote: »
    Unhealthy rise. Bought it a long time ago below ico level but what has changed recently with it? Just fomo?

Easy pick for a $10b market cap. Not too many coins with enterprise use announced. IOTA could slip back a bit because it's in it's infancy and the last week has been very strong, but if you're betting on future value I'd say it's still undervalued.

Data-mining customer's devices? This is any R&D department's wet dream.

Always believed in iota but if you go on any forum it's extremely fudded, it effects the status quo of block chain and undermines most other crypto if successful.. It's the best source of payment for the near zero transaction fees and gets more secure the more it's used

It could well be a monster in a few years. It will only get more secure and efficient as use increases, which is unusual in this space.

Blockchain has many more years research built into it though - and all of these cryptos are considered a beta product - it'll be a while before IOTA is as stable and trustworthy while it feels it's way through it's growing pains.

• Advertisement

:( Have I missed to boat here....??

I know these things are a gamble but there is no knowing if this will go up further and down again. I am probably better off taking the chance now?

Looks like UK gonig to try regulate the sector...

Only matter of time before some regulation is in

Advertisement