Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripple(xrp) Vs stellar lumens(xlm)

Options
  • 27-11-2017 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

What is the big difference between ripple (xrp) and stellar lumens (xlm)... I know it's the same guy that started both but he fell out with ripple... They both in theory are after the same goal...

Has anyone bought into the lumens currently under €0.05... still fairly new to the crypto game so thinking of acquiring some lumens and hodling (favourite new word) as if they even get near ripples price of €0.20 it'll be worth it...

is it gonna be a thing where one of these comes out trump's over the other???...

Over in another forum you'd be killed or called a troll for asking such questions so said I'd post here for any unbiased answers...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Sold both for double what I invested.

I feel they both flatter to deceive

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Personally I stay away from coins with such a high supply as from an investment perspective they don't have as much potential to grow.

In terms of the technology they both offer fast transaction processing and have good use cases, it looks like stellar focuses on non-profit distribution of wealth to the masses while Ripple is a profit-generating, payment processing solution that can be used for banks which makes it more centralised which I don't like. (goes against the fundementals of crypto)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Have 150 of both. Peanuts to invest long term and forget about them

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Carol25

In terms of long term potential I see these as being better than Bitcoin. They shouldnt ever have the energy usage issues that Bitcoin have and also the transaction speeds will be as fast as you should expect for an electronic transaction.

Advertisement