Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

garda reserve recruitment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭SO7378

gem112 wrote: »
    Inspector interview done and dusted.......got good feed back..... now to wait on medical

Hi gem how long did it last and what was it based on? Ive been told its about yourself and refferences and community etc ...is that right?
    Ive been told its informal and not the same as the competency one..

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Willm5499

Inspector interview done and dusted.......got good feed back..... now to wait on medical

That's brilliant Gem, well done....

Where is everybody up to now? Is anybody still waiting to meet their local inspector?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Trackerjacker

SO7378 wrote: »
    Where is everybody up to now? Is anybody still waiting to meet their local inspector?

I did my sergeant interview there last week, so just waiting on the call from the super now but I'd say that will be another 2/3 weeks away.

I did my sergeant interview there last week, so just waiting on the call from the super now but I'd say that will be another 2/3 weeks away.

Okay not so bad? Ive heard these two meetings/interviews arent bad and are ok? What did they go through with you? And was it just the sergeant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

Hi all.... interview lasted about 20/25 mins.... It's all about you and why you want to join...alot less formal then first interview..... focused on what you have given to the community...

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Skydiver1961

Willm5499 wrote: »
    Hey lads & ladies,

I had my written & interview for the reserves on Saturday 26th, it couldn't have went better. I received an email on the Tuesday to say I had passed both so I am chuffed. The next part of the process is to meet with the local superintendent or inspector. Does anyone know how long it takes for the PAS to contact you from the confirmation of passing ? Thanks Will

Anywhere from 1 to 4 months ..Difficult to say ..In my case I got a visit from the local Sgt at 11pm ....They may want to see where you live and if given the chance to meet the family .....The interview with the Supt is a casual chat but do turn up dressed well . Be prepared to discuss anything from general news to specific Garda issues . Alway be positive about whatever you are asked . Rememeber the Supt may be thinking "how well would this person fit into my station , working with my units " Dont be lulled into a false sense of security by the casual nature of the conversation , you are been evaluated for your suitability ..

Anywhere from 1 to 4 months ..Difficult to say ..In my case I got a visit from the local Sgt at 11pm ....They may want to see where you live and if given the chance to meet the family .....The interview with the Supt is a casual chat but do turn up dressed well . Be prepared to discuss anything from general news to specific Garda issues . Alway be positive about whatever you are asked . Rememeber the Supt may be thinking "how well would this person fit into my station , working with my units " Dont be lulled into a false sense of security by the casual nature of the conversation , you are been evaluated for your suitability ..

Ah that's grand, I had December/January in mind for the reply from the station. So il just try forget about it & when I get the call il be happy...

Does anyone have any idea how the training is structured

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Does anyone have any idea how the training is structured

I'm not sure how it's laid out but I've heard it's only two weeks trainging, that correct?

• Advertisement

There changing it up , Think its going back to the old way of doing it over the weekends.

Any idea of how many weekend's the old training was over

Any idea of how many weekend's the old training was over

I remember seeing someone saying 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

I remember seeing someone saying 8.

I'll be screwed for that. Not a chance of getting that many weekends off. I work 5 days and 3 days off each week. Two weeks would have worked perfect.

Cedric87 wrote: »
    I'll be screwed for that. Not a chance of getting that many weekends off. I work 5 days and 3 days off each week. Two weeks would have worked perfect.

My guess is it will be next summer b4 any training so plenty of time to sort something out with work man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jimmbullard5

I placed 33 in the first stage and was invited to stage 2 the end of May and heard the start of June I was successful but needed to send of info I was missing on my BR form but hsvrnt heard anything since? Everything was so fast and then just came to a stop ?

Hi,
    How do you know where you are placed on the list ?

Hi,
    How do you know where you are placed on the list ?

Everyone gets told where they get placed after completing the exams

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

Hi guys just wondering has anyone else have all stages passed and waiting to be called for training as I am waiting to start training. Should be soon enough shouldn’t it ?

Hyneser03, I got an email on Saturday to confirm my Education & work history for the last 10 years & need to post off all relevent certs. They already have this information so im puzzeled, at least i'm still in they're sights. I cant see it being much longer until the medical though..

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

Willm5499 wrote: »
    Hyneser03, I got an email on Saturday to confirm my Education & work history for the last 10 years & need to post off all relevent certs. They already have this information so im puzzeled, at least i'm still in they're sights. I cant see it being much longer until the medical though..

Ya I say it shouldn’t be much longer for you. I have all done medical and all and still no dates for training.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

http://manlycurls.com/blog_new/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Joey-Tempest-with-long-curly-hair.jpg. When I started the process back in 2012,I had hair like this

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kinglong

I got the same email thursday all my stuff gone back have not seen local sgt hoping it will happen soon done interview in appointmets in May

I passed my interview for the Garda reserves and the last correspondence was sending info left out of the BR form on the 4th of July. I haven't heard anything since. Has anybody else waited this long? is there an email I can enquire about it? thank you :)
    I assume you sent it back to HRM I have not heard anything since May also there is a full time campaign going on at the moment so reserves will be the last on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

I'm from the May interviews and have been called for my local Sgt interview next week. Bit nervous but glad it's finally moving on!

I'm from the May interviews and have been called for my local Sgt interview next week. Bit nervous but glad it's finally moving on!
    Good to hear that I am waiting since May also hope to get interview with local sgt soon.

Has anyone heard anything about training/medical dates ?

Ciano I finally got the phone call today to meet the sergeant. I'm meeting him this Sunday so I'm chuffed the process is starting to move again 😎

I finally got the phone call today to meet the sergeant. I'm meeting him this Sunday so I'm chuffed the process is starting to move again...

• Advertisement

I finally got the phone call today to meet the sergeant. I'm meeting him this Sunday so I'm chuffed the process is starting to move again...

Advertisement