Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

This was served to me as a 'suggested post' on Facebook.

http://www.flanaganandco.com/b/how-to-avoid-personal-injury-as-a-cyclist-
    Judging by the "shouting match" bit, it's just a regurgitation of something the RSA wrote years ago.

I had never thought about how rain gear can help me avoid personal injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

433795.JPG

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Beasty wrote: »
    I've got a pair of Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Road Bike Socks you can have for €1600.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Lumen wrote: »
    I've got a pair of Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Road Bike Socks you can have for €1600.
    What colour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Lands End to John O'Groats June '18... what have I let myself in for...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Beasty wrote: »
    What colour?

What height is THE question.

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    What height is THE question.
    They can always be cut down (I appreciate that only works one way), but I really cannot afford another bike just to get the colour match....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

PSA: Temperatures are going to drop sharply overnight tonight. The nice balmy couple of days we've enjoyed will give way to proper winter weather.

So it's time to break out the winter gloves, tights, overshoes and five layers on top.

Also with all the rain today I'd expect significant frost and ice tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

....puts dust cover on bike 'til the Spring...

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    PSA: Temperatures are going to drop sharply overnight tonight. The nice balmy couple of days we've enjoyed will give way to proper winter weather.

So it's time to break out the winter gloves, tights, overshoes and five layers on top.

Also with all the rain today I'd expect significant frost and ice tomorrow morning.

It's pretty mild out there now, if a bit damp..

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's pretty mild out there now, if a bit damp..
    Which is why you'd be forgiven for getting your bib shorts and half-finger gloves ready for tomorrow's commute. :)

But just giving you some forewarning....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Facebook competition through A1 has landed me 1 months coaching, small time frame but I may pick up some helpful advise and tips from it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

dahat wrote: »
    Facebook competition through A1 has landed me 1 months coaching, small time frame but I may pick up some helpful advise and tips from it.

I wouldn't mention you post on boards, poor Anto is still bitter about getting left out in the cold with no way to change his tube :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

CramCycle wrote: »
    I wouldn't mention you post on boards, poor Anto is still bitter about getting left out in the cold with no way to change his tube :pac:

That's the coaching - In similar vein to Mr Miyagi, you cycle around finding people to fix punctures for, and park yourself at the side of the road waiting for people to stop to help you on alternate days.

The zen of one offsets the frustration of the other causing cycling balance. The side benefit to other cyclists creates zen in the greater community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Quick question re IVCA membership. If you sigh up for track and TT only, do you still have to Marshall at Wicklow 200?

And a CI question for me, the insurance covers when out training, does that have to be a club organised training session or does it include when I get myself out on a Saturday morning?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Solo training is covered.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Solo training is covered.

Huh Huh ;)

I guess this minority government is circling the drain now.

So we may bidding adieu to Lord Stepaside, minister for Tourism and Sport.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

tomasrojo wrote: »

Quite possibly. Before he had the post he was well thought of. Now he's generraĺy taken to be a waste of space, no different from every other parochial politician. Begs the question that in the event of a general election who exactly would you vote for and why?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

well, one of our local TDs has a conviction for terrorist offences. that's setting the bar a little lower than what ross has achieved.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

smacl wrote: »
    Begs the question that in the event of a general election who exactly would you vote for and why?

Pedro

RobFowl wrote: »
    Pedro
    If you vote for him all of your wildest dreams will come true.

Sounds good to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

tomasrojo wrote: »

Minister for Tourism, Sport and North Korea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

well, one of our local TDs has a conviction for terrorist offences. that's setting the bar a little lower than what ross has achieved.

One of our local TDs was never in the I.R.A.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

434360.jpg
    434361.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=434360&stc=1&d=1511532725attachment.php?attachmentid=434361&stc=1&d=1511532725

Maybe if he used less taxis he wouldn't have more chins than a Chinese phonebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Maybe if he used less taxis he wouldn't have more chins than a Chinese phonebook

Commenting on people’s physical appearance is pretty low.

• Advertisement

Commenting on people’s physical appearance is pretty low.

Some things need to be said. This man spends public money using taxis instead of walking/cycling or using cheaper forms of public transport and he looks like somebody who is going to be a burden on our completely overstretched healthcare system. A public figure who speaks and acts the way he does isn't on, every public service we have is stretched to an inch of it's life and people like him make it worse

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement