Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Divinity:Original Sin 2

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    Only got around to starting to play this at the weekend, loving it so far, brings me back to the days of playing the likes of Baldurs Gate, Planescape: Torment and Icewind Dale.

I actually found the first act a bit tough going as I went the ranger route with Sebille and not finding a decent bow till I talked to
    Zaleskar
    , been putting luck points on her as well and now its plain sailing after getting some decent equipment on my party, it has really sucked me in now.

What difficulty you playing on?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

What difficulty you playing on?

Classic mode, will probably go with Tactician mode on the second play through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

really tempted to buy this

I need to give up "infinite" games like Overwatch and get back into this. I loved it but suddenly stopped at the end of the first area.

What was the story with those pigs on fire running around? I never found even a hint of what that was about

• Advertisement

What was the story with those pigs on fire running around? I never found even a hint of what that was about

They are a quest, you need to use bless on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ballyargus

The inventory management in this game makes it an absolute pain.

I was loving things up until reapers coast. After two weeks away from the game I've returned and it's a pain to even get my party and gear organised.

It really takes a away from a game that excels in other areas: combat, voice acting etc

SHould I buy this?

SHould I buy this?

I would, but on Sale. It has it's flaws, quest management and inventory management are chief among them. It's combat is sophisticated enough to keep you coming back. How it's classed as a perfect 10 by Gamespot I'll never know.

It' not in the same league as the vintage games of yore either but it is still well worth playing. A few mods would really help out it's flaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Didn't really have any problem with the inventory management myself. Found it fairly easy to keep tabs on things, particularly where you can view by only the types of items you want, sort by whatever etc.
    SHould I buy this?

Short answer, yes. It's superb.

• Advertisement

Hopefully a Steam Black Friday, Cyber Monday will put it on sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Also banking on this before i pick this game up. At the very least we can guarantee it will be on the Christmas sale

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Also banking on this before i pick this game up. At the very least we can guarantee it will be on the Christmas sale

Oh I'd love if there was!

Finished it last night. Off to look at the DM mode now and then start the main campaign again with a different build setup.

Steam sale has 10% off.

Wonder if it will drop further.

Steam sale has 10% off.

Wonder if it will drop further.

It's value for money even at full price. If you like this type of game then just go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Yeah I finished it a few weeks ago after an 80 hours playthrough and definitely see myself giving it another run soon enough with different characters and builds. A truly great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

On sale on GOG.com now, also 10% off but it will give you €6.30 back in wallet funds due to regional pricing.
    https://www.gog.com/game/divinity_original_sin_2

I bought the game.

Ill chat to the wife again in December.

Quick question about the game. Just bought it an I'm in the starting zone. The Fane character has access to fire and poison right off the bat. Now I know poison puddles can be ignited to make some sort of damage combo. The thing is when I set an enemy on fire and they are burning then I use his wands which do poison damage and I get two hits of poison from the wands and a tick of fire damage. Is this intended or am I missing something? Is it a case of the the combo mentioned above working in reverse?

• Advertisement

Quick question about the game. Just bought it an I'm in the starting zone. The Fane character has access to fire and poison right off the bat. Now I know poison puddles can be ignited to make some sort of damage combo. The thing is when I set an enemy on fire and they are burning then I use his wands which do poison damage and I get two hits of poison from the wands and a tick of fire damage. Is this intended or am I missing something? Is it a case of the the combo mentioned above working in reverse?

That's working as designed. Poison doesn't 'turn off' the burning, but reacts with it. This works particularly well on some undead who 'bleed' poison, which then reacts upon damage with the fire that's already there, leading to MORE damage/explosions.

Wow, this game doesn't hold your hand. Running around Fort Joy scratching my head as to how to escape the place, the game seems totally open ended with multiple ways to do it. Coming to a "dead-end" in an NPCs dialogue who i know i essential to the plot because they have a marker on the mini map and me having to figure out how to progress this section further is pretty great.

That Lalt button does come in very handy

Agreed with the LAlt being handy but i like how it doesn't show everything. I recall in Pillars you could toggle interactables and it would just show you everything you can get, all the time, its there....

I finally found out how to leave the Fort and was severely underleveled as i seemed to have taken a super shortcut skipping one big area and leaving alot of quests unfinished in the Fort (Why the need to finish them when im FREE) So i had to reload an old save and finish up quests. Seems i can't RP this game so much for the fear of being underleveled. Maybe i should RP a Paladin type character and help everyone...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I killed everyone in the Fort before I left it for good.
    1 piece of advice, make sure you're happy with your team before ye go off on the boat.
    You can always respec characters too in case ye mess up their points/attributes.
    I'm at the last act now....but seems to be a case that everyone is 2 levels above me...which makes a huge difference in this game.

When you say happy with Team you mean the actual characters? I think im towards the end of Fort Joy area and i left Beast, Loshe and a dead Sebille inside the Prison. I assume you mean they are unavailable for the rest of the game once you set sail?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

When you say happy with Team you mean the actual characters? I think im towards the end of Fort Joy area and i left Beast, Loshe and a dead Sebille inside the Prison. I assume you mean they are unavailable for the rest of the game once you set sail?

Yeah, all the Origin characters have their own backstorys etc....I made a custom character...as I thought that was what we were meant to do. Missed out on a lot of lore n stuff.

But yeah, be happy with the 3 you are gonna take on your journey, you can still change them atm...but yes...
    once you set sail you can't change again

God damn this game calling my name constantly :pac:

Finished Act 1 at the weekend and away now for a week, already suffering withdrawl.

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Yeah, all the Origin characters have their own backstorys etc....I made a custom character...as I thought that was what we were meant to do. Missed out on a lot of lore n stuff.

But yeah, be happy with the 3 you are gonna take on your journey, you can still change them atm...but yes...
    once you set sail you can't change again

Thanks. I restarted 3 times before i settles for a custom character. Playing as a character with a backstory and thoughts and feelings that are somewhat separate from me feels weird in a RPG like this where you choose all your lines of dialogue. Other RPGs like the Witcher where cutscenes are played before you and you dont get to choose all of Geralts lines feels ok...

Advertisement