Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Juvenile crime rates

Options
  • 20-11-2017 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am looking for statistics (preferably from cso.ie) on crime rates by juveniles by garda district. I'm doing a project on ranking second level schools and this information would be useful. I of course searched for this data but to no avail. the most recent data would be best

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Email CSO, they are usually quite helpful. However, the data might not be available at all or not in a format that is useful for you.

I'm not sure such a comparison is useful, as students don't necessarily attend school in the same Garda district as the live. Additionally, crime is often focused on commercial areas, less so on residential ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

I am looking for statistics (preferably from cso.ie) on crime rates by juveniles by garda district.

Such statistics are not produced. CSO statistics deal with crime type, division etc, but are not broken down into specific age related categories.

All that is available is total number of juvenille cases gone through the courts system via the Courts Service statistics.

http://www.courts.ie/courts.ie/library3.nsf/66d7c83325e8568b80256ffe00466ca0/594035f3fbf3c16180258022005b7af8?OpenDocument

Advertisement