Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Virgin mobile €5 offer for Virgin B.B. customers

• 20-11-2017 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭

Brace yourself! Black Friday Weekend is nearly here, and this year's must-have offer is Virgin Mobile's exceptional €5 a month for 5 months Unlimited plan. It will only be available from 24th–27th November.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭sheepers

Is this open to customers who've previously availed of the last €5 for 5 months promo they had?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Don’t know dude. Ring and ask?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

sheepers wrote: »
    Is this open to customers who've previously availed of the last €5 for 5 months promo they had?

Iirc yes, once not in the past 12 months. This may have changed, so ask a rep on the Talkto fourm

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Brace yourself! Black Friday Weekend is nearly here, and this year's must-have offer is Virgin Mobile's exceptional €5 a month for 5 months Unlimited plan. It will only be available from 24th–27th November.

So 5 months at a €5, wonder what it will be after the 5 months and what sort of contract is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

So 5 months at a €5, wonder what it will be after the 5 months and what sort of contract is it?

5 months at a €5 and then 25 a month afterwards.30 day rolling contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭inna981

Whats their data like. I see that their "Unlimited" plan has a fair usage of 30GB.

Has anyone when over it?
    Three's fair usage is 60GB and I went up to about 500GB one time.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Zico !

Can you switch after 5 months

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Mr.S wrote: »
    Does VM still have the problem with receiving some automated texts? eg for 2FA / Banking?

Also - is there a link for this offer?

I had an issue with setting up What's App on VM but got around it in the end. It wouldn't send the verification text to me.

Also VM doesn't allow you to send images in text messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Can you switch after 5 months

Knowing VM, I'd say it would have to be a contract.

okidoki987 wrote: »

Its 30 day rolling so yes you can quit after 5 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,913 ✭✭✭dodzy

okidoki987 wrote: »
    You’re Free after 5mths if you choose. Alternatively, €25 per mth to continue as you were or €15 for same calls & texts but a kick in the arse drop to a useless 1gb data.

dodzy wrote: »
    You’re Free after 5mths if you choose. Alternatively, €25 per mth to continue as you were or €15 for same calls & texts but a kick in the arse drop to a useless 1gb data.

I'll head back to ID mobile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Can existing mobile customers switch to this price.

Can existing mobile customers switch to this price.

No seems to be the consensus but ask VM! No harm!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Any link for this offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

https://www.virginmedia.ie/mobile/sim-only/
    The offer won't be live until the 24th.

10,000 Minutes, 10,000 SMS within Europe.
    30GB of data in ROI, 5.5GB can be used roaming outside the Republic of Ireland.
    Speeds may be limited after 30GB is used.
    Offer starts 24/11/2017 and ends 27/11/2017. Offer is only available to Virgin TV and Broadband customers. 30 day SIM only rolling contract applies. Price after 5 months is €25 a month. Fair usage policy on Loyalty Unlimited Plan: Monthly allowance of 10,000 national (landline and mobile) minutes, 10,000 national SMS within ROI and EU. Monthly allowance of 30GB data to be used within ROI and 5.5GB of this allowance can be used when roaming within the EU. Monthly fair usage allowance of 30GB data, after which speeds will be limited. Charges apply for usage in excess of these limits, or for non-periodic roaming. For full terms and conditions see virginmedia.ie/mobile/sim-only.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Does this recontract you on the tv/broadband I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,168 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

inna981 wrote: »
    Whats their data like. I see that their "Unlimited" plan has a fair usage of 30GB.

Has anyone when over it?
    Thanks.

They enforce their fair usage policy on mobile. Went over it last month and they didn't just limit the speed, they cut me off entirely until it reset 4 days later.

Went to Three instead.

inna981 wrote: »

Has anyone when over it?
    Thanks.

That right there is why 3 is crippled.

I found Virgin data fine, and actually more reliable than 3. I wasn't providing internet to the entire neighbourhood via my hotspot, though.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Does this recontract you on the tv/broadband I wonder?

No. But you won’t get it if your aren’t a vbb customer and the offer would end if you left vbb I’d assume

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

I received a flyer in the mail from Virgin yesterday about blackfriday deals.
    Another option was a (TV,Internet,Phone) bundle and to add sky sports to it for 6 months for a euro a month.
    I dont watch alot of Sky Sports but for i'll happily pay a euro a month for it.
    My only concern is around the cancellation of the Sky Sports after the 6 month promotion ends. Will it involve sitting on hold for ages to cancel it (as was my experience with Sky)? That puts me off going for it if i have to deal with that...

Signed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Craftylee

I tried to swap my 10 p/m contract over to this and they said I'd have to submit a new order, then swap the number over. So a bit of a pain sending a new SIM etc when they could just click a few buttons on there end...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I'm taking this but after 5 mths back to ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

i left VM for id and back not to VM and will do the same as you after 5 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

i am already on 25 euro per month plan and just signed up, it looked for my existing account and let me sign up to the new deal, I chose to keep my number so it works for existing mobile customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

i wonder will the issue start when you get a new sim and try and port the number to it, so to speak, i will try also

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Bump;

https://www.virginmedia.ie/mobile/sim-details/Virgin-Mobile/Unlimited/

€5 for 5 months offer is back. Link as all the details.

Virgin Mobile Unlimited

€ 25 per month after 5 months
    Unlimited call minutes
    Unlimited Texts
    Unlimited GB data
    EU Roaming Included

Price per month €5

€ 25 per month after 5 months

hero_4frames.gif

https://www.virginmedia.ie/mobile/sim-only/

Sign up before October 2nd. €5 a month for 5 months available to Virgin Media Broadband or TV customers.

Disclaimer: shortcodes can be a problem.

Mobile SIM Only price plans:A 30 day rolling contract on mobile applies. Plans include national landline and mobile calls, text messages and data within the Republic of Ireland. EU Roaming is also included. Up to four mobile subscriptions per account. Maximum of one promotion per mobile number. Click here for full terms and conditions.

Offers : Virgin Mobile Unlimited for €5 a month for 5 months available to Virgin Media Broadband or TV customers. Virgin Mobile Unlimited for €20 a month for 5 months available to non-Virgin Media customers. €25 a month after offer. Offer closes 02/10/2019.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

Do I need to give notice to cancel after 5 months,(30days) or just port the number and stop topping up?

Advertisement