Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coinbase Verification

Options
  • 20-11-2017 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

After humming and hawing for ages, I finally decided I'd chuck a small amount into Bitcoin. Did some reading, set up the Coinbase account, and went to buy/verify. But taking a photo of my ID and then myself doesn't seem to work.

Quality on webcam was terrible so went with phone option. Validation also failed. Is there a better way or do I just try, try again on mobile (with the better camera)? Is there a trick to getting the selfie? And is passport better?

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Use a document scanning app to take the photo. This will take care of the lighting, straightening, cropping, contrast etc. I used Office Lens, but there are others that do the same job.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.officelens&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Turn on your flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Turn on your flash.

A good start, but not foolproof.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,765 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Flash sorts about 90% of issues they reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Just in addition to this, if you want to buy from GDAX they need 2 forms of ID, coinbase only need 1, but as they're affiliated it's much easier to use the coinbase app to get verification for IDs than with GDAX.
    GDAX couldn't do mine after 3 attempts so I read on another forum that if you use the coinbase app it'll work and GDAX automatically gets them.
    Sorted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

Yup, this is what I did.

Advertisement