Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aughamore in Clane

• 16-06-2017 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭

Anyone know much about this development?

I see phase 2 is on sale now. Good price for nice-looking 4-beds.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DwightKSchrute

We've just put down a deposit on a Willow model (4 bed) in phase 2. We haven't had any dealings with the builder yet, it's all been through solicitors so far.

Friends of mine bought a house in the neighbouring development (Esmonde Avenue) 2 years ago. That estate was completed by the same developers. Their house is really lovely & they had nothing but good things to say about the builders. Fingers crossed we have the same experience!

We're very early into the process so I wouldn't have a lot of information at this stage. If there is anyone out there who is further along in the process (possibly already moved in), it'd be great to get some added insight.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Here we go

We've just put down a deposit on a Willow model (4 bed) in phase 2. We haven't had any dealings with the builder yet, it's all been through solicitors so far.

Friends of mine bought a house in the neighbouring development (Esmonde Avenue) 2 years ago. That estate was completed by the same developers. Their house is really lovely & they had nothing but good things to say about the builders. Fingers crossed we have the same experience!

We're very early into the process so I wouldn't have a lot of information at this stage. If there is anyone out there who is further along in the process (possibly already moved in), it'd be great to get some added insight.

We're sale agreed on house here, supposed to be completed by august, but just found out they are behind schedule... other than that they have been easy enough to deal with(the builders). Happy for you to PM me of you have any specific q's!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 WillowBella12

We're sale agreed on a house here aswell, we've been told mid-end August but haven't been told of a delay.. Have they given you a rough idea of how behind schedule they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mihaela Andreea

I m in the Aughamore and I've had no issues at all. The builder has been really helpful and easy to deal with. Everything was straight forward for me, but when I paid the deposit the house was already built.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

We're hoping to get down to the open viewings this weekend or next weekend to look at potentially buying in phase 3. For those who have deposits down, did ye pay a deposit at the viewing or only afterwards?

• Advertisement

I've paid the deposit a few days after the viewing. The estate agent is based in the centre of the village, just 5 mins down the road.

I've paid the deposit a few days after the viewing. The estate agent is based in the centre of the village, just 5 mins down the road.

Cheers. I'm hoping to get down to view them next weekend (assuming there's another viewing).

Any idea how long after paying the deposit they issue contracts?

They have viewings every week end.
    I can't remember how long it took as it was a while back ( I was selling and buying also, and it was me that delayed things) but I must say that the builders solicitor was very very efficient.i suppose it depends how many houses are completed and ready to be sold.

Great. Thanks!

Can I ask does anybody in number 40-51 in the development have a completion date yet?
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 mak1403

Here we go wrote: »
    Can I ask does anybody in number 40-51 in the development have a completion date yet?
    Thanks!

We’re still waiting to hear back, Pat seemed very pushy last week for us to pick the interior. Haven’t been given a completion date. A few weeks ago he told us it could be end of November, but that looks very unlikely.

We're coming quite late to this as we were looking at the Phase 3 houses when one became in Phase 2, which we've paid the deposit on, but are still waiting on contracts.

Can I ask what people did or are doing for flooring? Looking for recommendations on who to use to get wooden floors and carpets put in. Were you able to get this done prior to closing or did you have to wait until you were in the house?

If you don't want to share on the thread feel free to PM me.

Also, I see in the showhouse that the showers don't have shower doors installed. Did anyone use the bathroom guy on site to get these put in?

Thanks

conf101 wrote: »
    We're coming quite late to this as we were looking at the Phase 3 houses when one became in Phase 2, which we've paid the deposit on, but are still waiting on contracts.

Can I ask what people did or are doing for flooring? Looking for recommendations on who to use to get wooden floors and carpets put in. Were you able to get this done prior to closing or did you have to wait until you were in the house?

If you don't want to share on the thread feel free to PM me.

Also, I see in the showhouse that the showers don't have shower doors installed. Did anyone use the bathroom guy on site to get these put in?

Thanks

We have our contracts signed, we are literally waiting on a completion date for drawdown. From what I hear from our solicitor, the builder's solicitors have gone MIA and have not replied to the question regarding a completion date.

I rang Gero (the estate agent) yesterday and he promised to get back to me about some news regarding the date, but have yet to hear from anyone.

In terms of flooring, we didn't get any flooring in yet as there's still a good bit of work to be done on the inside of the house. We got our wooden flooring from McCarthy's in Prosperous. We're lucky as one of our relations runs a home improvements company and will do our tiles and flooring for us.

Carpets will be last to go in and we've been shopping around a bit, but nothing solid. I would stay away from Right Carpet place - too expensive. We found a carpet place in Toughers Business Park that seems very reasonable - they are 700e cheaper than the other crowd.

mak1403 wrote: »
    We have our contracts signed, we are literally waiting on a completion date for drawdown. From what I hear from our solicitor, the builder's solicitors have gone MIA and have not replied to the question regarding a completion date.

I rang Gero (the estate agent) yesterday and he promised to get back to me about some news regarding the date, but have yet to hear from anyone.

In terms of flooring, we didn't get any flooring in yet as there's still a good bit of work to be done on the inside of the house. We got our wooden flooring from McCarthy's in Prosperous. We're lucky as one of our relations runs a home improvements company and will do our tiles and flooring for us.

Carpets will be last to go in and we've been shopping around a bit, but nothing solid. I would stay away from Right Carpet place - too expensive. We found a carpet place in Toughers Business Park that seems very reasonable - they are 700e cheaper than the other crowd.

All great to know, thanks. We haven't even started pricing flooring or carpets yet, but will be looking at it very soon.

Same here, will be lucky to be in before Christmas at this stage!

Here we go wrote: »
    Same here, will be lucky to be in before Christmas at this stage!

Just to put things into perspective. A good friend of mine bought a house from this builder in Naas. Closing date was supposed to be in may. They’re only moving in at the end of this month. So it’s probably safe to say it’ll be well after Xmas.

Just to put things into perspective. A good friend of mine bought a house from this builder in Naas. Closing date was supposed to be in may. They’re only moving in at the end of this month. So it’s probably safe to say it’ll be well after Xmas.

My theory with Aughamore, whether it's naive or not, is that given this is the end of the second phase, a lot of the things that often cause delays with the first phase of new builds will have been ironed out by now, so huge delays might be avoided here. Things should be up and running to an extent now.

I'm not saying I'm expecting no delays, of course there are always some.

Friends of mine are buying in Maynooth and have just moved in, having initially been told April. Loads of their delays were due to stuff getting sorted and signed off in the estate itself. The next phase of people moving into that estate won't have anything like the delays my friends had. I'm hoping Aughamore might be the same.

Having said that, we won't be ready to close before Christmas anyway, so I'm not worried about a December deadline, though I'm sure plenty of others are.

My theory with Aughamore, whether it's naive or not, is that given this is the end of the second phase, a lot of the things that often cause delays with the first phase of new builds will have been ironed out by now, so huge delays might be avoided here. Things should be up and running to an extent now.

I'm not saying I'm expecting no delays, of course there are always some.

Friends of mine are buying in Maynooth and have just moved in, having initially been told April. Loads of their delays were due to stuff getting sorted and signed off in the estate itself. The next phase of people moving into that estate won't have anything like the delays my friends had. I'm hoping Aughamore might be the same.

Having said that, we won't be ready to close before Christmas anyway, so I'm not worried about a December deadline, though I'm sure plenty of others are.

I agree to an extent, however I think the fact he’s building two sites that I’m aware of is probably delaying Aughamore. Also the fact the houses in Naas are more expensive would suggest that he’s focusing on them more just so he gets the bigger Cheques from the banks first.

I’m still hopeful that we’ll be in before Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭you2008

Viewed the show house weeks back. I have to say the finishing was one of the worst I have ever seen of all new developments in Kildare and Meath -Huge gap in one of the shower base between the floor.

called AN. been told I was the only one complaining. Well - i may need to go to specsavers :)

I agree to an extent, however I think the fact he’s building two sites that I’m aware of is probably delaying Aughamore. Also the fact the houses in Naas are more expensive would suggest that he’s focusing on them more just so he gets the bigger Cheques from the banks first.

I’m still hopeful that we’ll be in before Xmas.

Out of curiosity, what development is he building in Naas?

• Advertisement

Out of curiosity, what development is he building in Naas?

Finlay Park.

you2008 wrote: »
    Viewed the show house weeks back. I have to say the finishing was one of the worst I have ever seen of all new developments in Kildare and Meath -Huge gap in one of the shower base between the floor.

called AN. been told I was the only one complaining. Well - i may need to go to specsavers :)

The show house is a terrible finish. I assume they rushed it in order to start selling them.

The paint finish on the show home is a joke and I would encourage anyone buying a house to check that when doing the snag.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭you2008

The show house is a terrible finish. I assume they rushed it in order to start selling them.

The paint finish on the show home is a joke and I would encourage anyone buying a house to check that when doing the snag.

Thanks - so i am not the only one :), it is the AN should go to specsavers :p

The seems to be some good progress on the houses. Front gardens leveled and paved.

The seems to be some good progress on the houses. Front gardens leveled and paved.

Great. Have you been given any info on when they'll be ready for snag?

Great. Have you been given any info on when they'll be ready for snag?

About 10 days or so. Hopefully sooner. I’ve never seen that many people on that building before.

Did anyone else in Phase 2 get the voucher for Power City, rather than getting kitchen appliances included? Just wondering about who installs the appliances we buy with the voucher

Did anyone else in Phase 2 get the voucher for Power City, rather than getting kitchen appliances included? Just wondering about who installs the appliances we buy with the voucher

I never got the vouchers, didn’t sign within 21 days. However from what I understood, the kitchen guys install the appliances even if you buy them from somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DwightKSchrute

I have the same understanding as @mak1403, that the kitchen fitters will install the appliances regardless of whether or not you qualify for the vouchers.

We qualified for the appliance package. We weren't really sure how to go about using so I thought I'd post what we did in case it'll help anyone else...

We just popped into Powercity outside Naas to have a look back in mid-November. I didn't want the single oven and microwave oven combo they have in the show house, I wanted a double oven instead. We picked out everything we wanted and chatted to the most helpful man in the world. I can't remember his name but it's on our receipt so I can message anyone who'd like to know. We explained our situation to him but he was already familiar with the Aughamore voucher setup as he had previously dealt with a couple from Phase 2. He totted it all up and applied some additional discounts (saving us an extra €100 or so). Our total slightly exceeded the set amount so we just paid the difference as our deposit for the goods. He said that when the house is ready for the appliances, the builder will pay the voucher amount and delivery will be arranged. That's basically that, unless we hear anything different between now and then.

It was definitely worth having a look and picking out the appliances individually because there were some good deals on certain items that allowed us to spend a little extra on others. Some items that were reduced had an extra €30 or €40 off if bought before the end of November. I didn't expect us to qualify for those further deals but because we paid the deposit in November he locked in the items at the lower prices. Happy days.

• Advertisement

I have the same understanding as @mak1403, that the kitchen fitters will install the appliances regardless of whether or not you qualify for the vouchers.

We qualified for the appliance package. We weren't really sure how to go about using so I thought I'd post what we did in case it'll help anyone else...

We just popped into Powercity outside Naas to have a look back in mid-November. I didn't want the single oven and microwave oven combo they have in the show house, I wanted a double oven instead. We picked out everything we wanted and chatted to the most helpful man in the world. I can't remember his name but it's on our receipt so I can message anyone who'd like to know. We explained our situation to him but he was already familiar with the Aughamore voucher setup as he had previously dealt with a couple from Phase 2. He totted it all up and applied some additional discounts (saving us an extra €100 or so). Our total slightly exceeded the set amount so we just paid the difference as our deposit for the goods. He said that when the house is ready for the appliances, the builder will pay the voucher amount and delivery will be arranged. That's basically that, unless we hear anything different between now and then.

It was definitely worth having a look and picking out the appliances individually because there were some good deals on certain items that allowed us to spend a little extra on others. Some items that were reduced had an extra €30 or €40 off if bought before the end of November. I didn't expect us to qualify for those further deals but because we paid the deposit in November he locked in the items at the lower prices. Happy days.

That's super helpful. Thanks DwightKSchrute. Will try make it into Power City ourselves pretty soon and hopefully do the same as you did.

Advertisement