Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bono on Grafton st Xmas eve details?

Options
  • 14-11-2017 2:02am

I know Bono does his thing on Grafton st every Christmas Eve but I’ve never gone. This year I’d like to take my son and check it out but not sure time,location etc? I realize it’ll prob be a mad house and I’m ok with that but and advise would be much appreciated!
    Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I don't think he necessarily does it every year though he has the past two I think. It's an impromptu thing, Glen Hansard always busks in or near where Disney shop/Dunnes Stores are on Grafton Street and a mob ensues, a few of his (Glen's) singer pals may turn up or not.

I think it's usually in the afternoon/early evening maybe 4 or 5pm onwards? I'd never still be in town at that time on Christmas Eve so I have never seen them myself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

To be clear it’s definitely not Bono’s thing. He turns up for a song. And takes all the credit and headlines. Eye roll.
    It’s 100% Glens thing and he organises it.
    Last year it was closed down before it could even get goin. Simply too many people turned up and blocked the street and gardai shut it down.
    Will probably be happening this year and in around Dunne’s or that end of grafton st for about 4 if you want to get a good spot.

HERes a cool little film my pal made about it couple of years ago. Bono included.

Great vid! Thanks, kinda knew it was more glen than bono. No surprise there, bono seems to like to get the credit. Seems like quite the crowd but it'll be fun hopefully the weather cooperates ☃️
    Maybe I'll pay someone to hold a spot for me! Lol

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Vcu3656 wrote: »
    Great vid! Thanks, kinda knew it was more glen than bono. No surprise there, bono seems to like to get the credit. Seems like quite the crowd but it'll be fun hopefully the weather cooperates ☃️

Sorry completely off topic but since when can we post emojis on boards? ⛄️

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »

That is new!! Great spot!

Loughc wrote: »

Didn't know it was an issue, my bad if I broke board law.....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Didn't know it was an issue, my bad if I broke board law.....

It’s not a bad thing. It’s a good thing. ⛄️

Well did anyone go tonight?

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I wouldn't go to Grafton Street on Christmas eve if I could help it! :pac:

Good idea to move it to the gaeity

Advertisement