Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cryptocurrency Research

Options
  • 07-11-2017 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

Thought it might be interesting to get an idea of what kind of research people are doing for each of their investments. Here's a few questions to kick things off:

1. Where do find yourself getting most leads on new investments? Is it word of mouth, or through telegram groups etc.?
    2. For an investment you're interested in, how much time would you typically spend researching it before deciding to invest or not?
    3. Do you have a set list of things you research before making a decision?

I'm relatively new to crypto (only really started looking into it originally after Ethereum had already shot up) and it's taken a little while to build up enough broad knowledge on the topic to be reasonably confident in what I research. I'm part of a few small telegram chats both with friends and others (like the Boards telegram) and some of the bigger groups which I'd look at more passively. If I come across something I'm interested in, I have a good idea in my head of the things I need to know and I check them all out and take notes on anything I find to help make a decision. I find my research is very broad (from checking out the teams background, Twitter profiles, whitepapers, roadmaps, charts, bitcointalk forums, market cap, where it's traded, competitors, developer rating on coingecko etc.) and takes a easily takes few hours per coin.

Interested to know how other people research and how much time they spend before investing (if any at all :P).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Anyone? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

I suspect most people think that you're researching a Bitcoin article instead of asking a genuine question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Fair enough I guess - more so just interested in how/how much people are researching before investing. I (and I'm assuming the majority) have self thought, so I have a good broad knowledge of what I'm looking at, but could certainly be missing some of the bigger picture. Was hoping for a discussion on how similarly people are researching.

Advertisement