Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pokémon ultra sun/ultra moon

• 15-08-2017 5:18am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Figure it might be good to start a thread for info on the upcoming games. I'm thinking similar to black/white 2. Maybe the option to go to kanto?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Still no demo anyone know if we are getting one?

Still no demo anyone know if we are getting one?

Nope, no demo.

I'm really struggling to get myself motivated for this, probably be more up for it next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'm really struggling to get myself motivated for this, probably be more up for it next week.

I seen a trailer that boasted about the script being twice as long as Sun & Moon so quickly decided no thanks on buying it. By far the worst aspect of Sun/Moon was the constant talking.

• Advertisement

I'm hoping it goes the way of silver and gold with two regions, they better cut out the damn cut scenes or at least allow a skip option this time round, I'm trying to avoid any spoilers so far.

I'm not interested in spending anymore time in Alola. But I'll buy it anyway and we'll see I suppose.

I suppose this counts as a spoiler but the games have leaked and been data mined so

No national dex again. What the ****?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

No national dex again. What the ****?

Ah for God's sake, is this all just a ploy to make sure everyone's paying for a pokemon bank subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Maybe the option to go to kanto?

It'd be nice, but figure Nintendo are not gonna play the nostalgia card too hard in the run-up to to US/UM given Pokemon's upcoming Switch release. Guessing they're pulling out all the stops for the series' debut on a home console (shush you XD and Colosseum), with one such stop being "hey, remember Pokemon? revisit all your old ****."

• Advertisement

More spoilers,

No Kanto, or battle frontier, although it gets referenced again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Gonna get Ultra Moon, at least at first.

Booked the fan edition of ultra sun in smyths €45 - 5 for deposit -5 bonus so €40 all in. Really hope the cut scenes are optional.

I forgot I had this pre order, might as well keep it.

11536098-1864510199933001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Does this go up on the eshop at midnight or what's the craic?

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Does this go up on the eshop at midnight or what's the craic?

Should do. It's available for pre load.

Picked up sun fan edition in Smyths gonna get stuck in tonight.

Been playing Moon throughout the day.

Don't forget folks, event Rockruff available through Mystery Gift! Evolve it between 5pm and 5:59pm (in game) to get Dusk Lycanroc. I think this means I'll have to change the time on my 3DS, cause I don't want to get up at 5am to evolve something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

A question for all ye that know the skinny, is it true you can skip the original Sun/Moon and go straight for US/UM? Like it's more of a omnibus edition than a true sequel like B2/W2?

Different story so far ultra is better but I'm taking it slow and exploring so only 2 hours in so far I'll update after first island.

• Advertisement

It feels a lot more like an expansion of the story, similar to how Crystal in Gen 2, Emerald in gen 3, and Platinum in Gen 4 worked.

This feels closer to yellow than say, Crystal/BW2 or platinum even.

Wish they had ripped team skull out Jessie and James killed Pokemon in yellow these goons can't even stand up straight.

Out of...8 Pokemon games on 3DS? (main series anyway) every single one of them ran poorly and had significant frame rate drops. It's really not on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Out of...8 Pokemon games on 3DS? (main series anyway) every single one of them ran poorly and had significant frame rate drops. It's really not on.

Yeah it’s very frustrating, particularly during double battles when the frame rate comes to a halt. At least it’s the last one on the 3DS so the next one should be better.

Codes available in GAME in uk for Dialga and Palkia

I am hoping to go up on Saturday myself to belfast so any spare codes i can get I'll post up here about.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hey lads and lasses

I played Sun when it originally came out. Getting a Pokemon itch again now. Is Ultra Moon (for a version flip) significantly different to the original versions, enough to justify playing through again?

Not sure whether to go for it or Crystal, which I read is out for 3DS again?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hey lads and lasses

I played Sun when it originally came out. Getting a Pokemon itch again now. Is Ultra Moon (for a version flip) significantly different to the original versions, enough to justify playing through again?

Not sure whether to go for it or Crystal, which I read is out for 3DS again?

The story is broadly the same, just with more stuff added, and a few bits changed around. It's sort of like how Emerald was with Ruby and Sapphire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

bought ultra moon last week after getting the bug again. been a few year since i played a pokemon game. enjoyed most of the story i have to say. just about to start the elite 4 been going around collecting some legendary pokemon. read a few things online most people were saying you'd have to use a master ball on necrozma as hes meant to be the hardest. caught him first try with an ultra ball. :D

• Advertisement

Thornadus Thundurus on mystery gift right now Ultra Sun Ultra Moon Sun and Moon each game gets one only different move sets for Ultra versions.

Advertisement