Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VW Golf Mk4 01 flashing heater plug light

Options
  • 16-03-2015 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi All
    The heater plug light is flashing in my golf. It comes on after about a minute after starting the car and stays flashing till i turn it off. I scanned for fault codes found nothing. I Changed the heater plugs also and that made no difference. Anybody any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Are your brake lights working ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 boboboland

tossy wrote: »
    Are your brake lights working ?

yes checked all the lights they all seem ok

boboboland wrote: »
    yes checked all the lights they all seem ok

A flashing glow plug light normally means a dud break light switch ( all other things being ok ) maybe plug out the switch and clean the contacts.

What did you scan the car with ?

tossy wrote: »
    A flashing glow plug light normally means a dud break light switch ( all other things being ok ) maybe plug out the switch and clean the contacts.

What did you scan the car with ?

ok i'll try that tomorrow. thanks
    i scanned it with a yoke i got off ebay. used it loads a times does wat i need it ta do.

ok i'll try that tomorrow. thanks
    i scanned it with a yoke i got off ebay. used it loads a times does wat i need it ta do.

Might be no harm getting it scanned with VCDS also just to make sure it's not missing something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

This may be pointing out the obvious but it's not doing what you need it to do in this case is it? :pac:

If the glow plug light is flashing then there will be a fault code logged. If the eBay tool won't tell you the code then it needs to be scanned with something better.

This may be pointing out the obvious but it's not doing what you need it to do in this case is it? :pac:

If the glow plug light is flashing then there will be a fault code logged. If the eBay tool won't tell you the code then it needs to be scanned with something better.

There was no fault code. There was water in the diesel filter. Changed that and the light stopped flashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thanks for the update 2 years later :D
    Did you wait this long to fix it?

biko wrote: »
    Thanks for the update 2 years later :D
    Did you wait this long to fix it?

Only logged in today for the first time in 2 years.

Advertisement