Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powertap g3 hub

Options
  • 05-11-2017 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I was using my power tap g3 hub wheel on my bike this evening for a turbo session. I haven't used it in a year and battery was dead so replaced with new battery. After replacing battery I connected it to my 520 garmin and calibrated it before use. During the training session, the data readings were away off and I saw that I was hitting 130rpm and above when I knew I was only reaching the 90rpm mark. My power was reading alot higher for the effort i was putting too. I haven't updated the firmware in over a year. Could this be the issue? I haven't used the power tap out on the road at all only indoor training. Anyone experience this issue before and what can I do to make sure it works correctly.

Thanks agsin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Seadin

Seadin wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I was using my power tap g3 hub wheel on my bike this evening for a turbo session. I haven't used it in a year and battery was dead so replaced with new battery. After replacing battery I connected it to my 520 garmin and calibrated it before use. During the training session, the data readings were away off and I saw that I was hitting 130rpm and above when I knew I was only reaching the 90rpm mark. My power was reading alot higher for the effort i was putting too. I haven't updated the firmware in over a year. Could this be the issue? I haven't used the power tap out on the road at all only indoor training. Anyone experience this issue before and what can I do to make sure it works correctly.

Thanks agsin

Anyone?

Tried to update the firmware with the android rouvy app but It didnt allow me to update it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Temperature issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

update the firmware using a laptop

Perhaps it is the temperature as suggested, or it might be similar to my problem. If I put the wheel on the bike just before a ride, all my numbers were off, so my solution is to put the wheel on the bike a while before using it, it seems to sort out the issue. Another thing worth doing might be to take the battery out again, and leave it out for about 15 minutes. Then turn on your garmin again, set it to find the hub, the id/code should change and it should sort it, let me know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Seadin

update the firmware using a laptop

Perhaps it is the temperature as suggested, or it might be similar to my problem. If I put the wheel on the bike just before a ride, all my numbers were off, so my solution is to put the wheel on the bike a while before using it, it seems to sort out the issue. Another thing worth doing might be to take the battery out again, and leave it out for about 15 minutes. Then turn on your garmin again, set it to find the hub, the id/code should change and it should sort it, let me know how you get on.

Sound for that. Nice one. I will give that a go and see how it goes. Il let ye know if it solves the issue.

Advertisement