Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tree or no tree

Options
  • 06-11-2017 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone I need some suggestions please
    I have mentioned before my mother is not in the best of health lives alone and needs a lot of help, I take her to our house a lot to get her out of the house

Last year was our first year without my late Aunt so I went all out for Christmas decorating my mothers house aswell as my house too

my mothers tree is far too big was going to pick up a smaller tree this year to make it easier for myself
    My mother wouldn’t be mad into Christmas the way I am
    She will be coming to us for Christmas for a few days then between Christmas and New Year I am taking her to a hotel with us and my other half’s folks
    I don’t know wether to go with a small tree, thin tree or skip the tree and just put a lot of Christmas ornaments around the house instead of a tree

As like most of you fellow elves I like everything just So for Christmas and when I am doing my prep and big clean for Christmas I am doing it in both houses

Any advice please to do a tree or not in my mothers house thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Get a fibre optic tree... just need to put it up and plug in... no decorating or cleanup.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,026 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Could you use it as an opportunity for a social gathering? I've had a "decorate my tree" party every year since my ex husband moved out. It's one of my favourite nights of the year. Could you get friends and/or family around to help?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,265 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Get a handy little Fibre optic tree. Woodies have them now but they generally have a sale later on in November but you'd need to keep an eye out for it.

You other option would be a pop up tree. They are generally slim and aren't much hassle to put up or take down!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Thanks everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

What does your mother want? If it’s her house would you not let her decide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

When I was younger and my gran wasn't up to doing the tree and deco herself when we did ours wed do hers the next day. We compromised by getting a smaller not as full tree and decorated the good sitting room only for her. Maybe talk to her and see she may be happy to have help decorating a smaller tree and a few garlands up :)

Thanks again everyone
    my mother would prefer a smaller tree to save me the job as she knows it’s me who does it all I’ve no brothers or sisters
    she is hooked up to oxygen and only getting over Pneumonia
    I’ve looked at that many trees online I think I might go for a slim tree, we have a red and gold theme in her house
    Might do my tree around the 24/25 then do my mothers the day Christmas fm launches

• Registered Users Posts: 30,265 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If you wanted a slim tree that would be know hassle the pop up one's are very simple and baubles even come attached!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

SarahLil wrote: »
    Hey everyone I need some suggestions please
    I have mentioned before my mother is not in the best of health lives alone and needs a lot of help, I take her to our house a lot to get her out of the house

Last year was our first year without my late Aunt so I went all out for Christmas decorating my mothers house aswell as my house too

my mothers tree is far too big was going to pick up a smaller tree this year to make it easier for myself
    My mother wouldn’t be mad into Christmas the way I am
    She will be coming to us for Christmas for a few days then between Christmas and New Year I am taking her to a hotel with us and my other half’s folks
    I don’t know wether to go with a small tree, thin tree or skip the tree and just put a lot of Christmas ornaments around the house instead of a tree

As like most of you fellow elves I like everything just So for Christmas and when I am doing my prep and big clean for Christmas I am doing it in both houses

Any advice please to do a tree or not in my mothers house thanks

No advice on the tree situation as such but can I just say that your Mother is a very lucky lady to have you as a daughter, you're a credit to her ......... Happy Christmas to you both!

MadDog76 wrote: »
    No advice on the tree situation as such but can I just say that your Mother is a very lucky lady to have you as a daughter, you're a credit to her ......... Happy Christmas to you both!

Thank you maddog76 for taking the time to write that it was a lovely thing to do Happy Christmas to you and yours X

• Advertisement
Advertisement