Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Weather Chat Thread

Options
  • 06-11-2017 12:08pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Are you dreaming of a white Christmas, or are you worried your trip home for the holidays will take hours due to cold weather then this will be the thread for you!

Here we can chat about all thing weather in the run up to and after the Christmas season.

Like many of ye I love snow and I really hope we get a good spell of it but only when we don't have to go anywhere and can sit and appreciate it all. But that is unlikely!

Snow as pretty as it can be often brings massive traffic disruptions with it.

What kind of weather are ye all hoping for this year?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Some memories from the 2010 Snow Event we had.

The second video is great, especially when you hear the Christmas songs on the radio!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Arklow one the best

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

SNOW!!!!!

I don't care how hard it is to get to work, or do any practical stuff.

I want to run around in the snow with my 3 year old, and building a snowman while singing 'Do You Want To Build a Snowman' and .

I've been promising her a snowman for at least a year now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,835 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Snow !!

That stays on the ground , and isn't gone to mush a few hours later .
    Children are adults now , but two grandchildren that I want to love having fun in the snow , magical :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,260 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I like a nice cold crisp Christmas. I do like a bit of snow but I hate it getting in the way of doing Christmas themed events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Snow at about 7 on Christmas Eve until the 27th would be perfect!

And maybe a random Wednesday in December too. Duvet day!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Snow at about 7 on Christmas Eve until the 27th would be perfect!

And maybe a random Wednesday in December too. Duvet day!

Absolutely perfect!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,093 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Snow at some point... but no ice... so we need a brief cold snap followed by a thawing mild spell.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Definitly snow .. after working shift and outdoors on occassion during the bad snow in 2010 it would be nice to look out at it from the warmth and comfort of my sitting room and know it's there but I don't have to be out in it for hours ! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Snow, snow and more snow from the 16th onwards.

As Ive bored you before, I got stuck in mid trip home in 2010 in Abu Dhabi airport with all the talk of snow at home, landed in shannon instead of Dublin and there was barely any snow down there. Got the train to Dublin and it was a winter wonderland. Nightmare trek home from the station but who cares.

Loads of snow for me please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,152 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I like a nice cold crisp Christmas. I do like a bit of snow but I hate it getting in the way of doing Christmas themed events.

Spot on.
    A cold, clear, crisp christmas suits me just fine. It has that winter feel but none of the hassle that snow brings, means I can get out for a run as well, snow despite looking pretty (at the outset anyway) ends up being a bit of a hassle.

Clear & crisp all the way.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

If we can't have snow it's cold and crisp for me I love waking up looking out at White roofs from the frost

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Yeah to be honest and grown up about it, a bit snow is terrible for allot of vulnerable people so a damn good frost so you can see your breath and not get sopping wet on a stroll in town would be fine.

https://www.facebook.com/LovinDublin/posts/2063464137013679

I know these articles are pure trash but snow yay haha.

Advertisement