Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Dublin Rugby Club to Join?

Options
  • 06-11-2017 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi folks,

Seeking your advice on a junior rugby team to join in Dublin.

I'm a simple country lad myself so am looking for a club that's particularly welcoming to our type and not cliquey. Haven't played in a few years (now 29) but would love to get our training twice a week and most importantly engage in the social side of things.

I'm based in the Grand Canal Dock area so the closer to there the better - but not opposed to traveling if it helps me find what I'm looking for.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

It depends whether you want to play for a junior club or a junior team. If you'd prefer a junior club then I'd say Monkstown or Railway are probably the closest.

If you're OK with playing for a junior side with a bigger club, then Lansdowne is closer, but I don't know where their junior sides train because I am a lowly country lad myself.

EDIT: https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic-rugby/domestic-clubs/club-finder/

This is a good link. And I'd say also there'd be a couple of lads who play for one of those clubs on this forum who might be able to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Lots of clubs nearby. Bective Rangers and Old Wesley are in Donnybrook
    Lansdowne also nearby but junior sides for all 3 clubsay train at the clubs grounds in glenamuck/carrickmines

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

shaggyout wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Seeking your advice on a junior rugby team to join in Dublin.

I'm a simple country lad myself so am looking for a club that's particularly welcoming to our type and not cliquey. Haven't played in a few years (now 29) but would love to get our training twice a week and most importantly engage in the social side of things.

I'm based in the Grand Canal Dock area so the closer to there the better - but not opposed to traveling if it helps me find what I'm looking for.

Many thanks!

I play for Clontarf's Division 9 side. Our Division 5, 9 and 10 sides all train together so we always have a good turnout for training.

We have three or four lads based in Grand Canal Dock area who train and play with us (short hop out on the dart.)

While I am admittedly biased, I would say that we are very welcoming to all newcomers regardless of skill level and there is never a shortage of people looking to engage in the social side of junior level rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bazzmch

Suttonians rfc on the dart line and have 3 senior teams. Good banter and great club atmosphere. Very welcoming to newcomers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bazzmch

Suttonians rfc on the dart line and have 3 senior teams. Good banter and great club atmosphere. Very welcoming to newcomers!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I'm in no way bias here but CYM aren't too far away in Terenure village and are officially the best little club in Dublin. In fact, I would go as far as to say that all of the other club are a shower of bastards :pac:

Advertisement