Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ireland v argentina

Options
  • 03-11-2017 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all.
    Four of us are heading to Dublin for the Ireland V Argentina match on the 25th.
    We will be arriving in Dublin around 1 o clock.
    I am looking for suggestions for a few pubs within walking distance of the Aviva with a good atmosphere on a match day.
    Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Ryans Beggars Bush

also a couple near Ryans on the corner of Landowne Road and Bath Avenue

The schoolhouse

any of the pubs in Ballsbridge - Paddy Cullens, The Bridge, The Horse Show etc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Kielys in Donnybrook is a popular spot too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 red tank

Thanks Riskymove and First Up.
    First match in the Aviva and just looking to have a bit of craic before the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Depends where you're staying. The Den on Baggot st is a brilliant match day spot. As is the Ballsbridge Hotel on Lansdowne Road

• Registered Users Posts: 6 red tank

We aren't staying in Dublin,
    Arriving around 1 o clock and back down the country after the match.
    That seems like a good list.
    I'm sure we will try a few of them.
    Thanks all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

red tank wrote: »
    Thanks Riskymove and First Up.
    First match in the Aviva and just looking to have a bit of craic before the game.

To be honest in/around Ballsbridge it's really hard to go wrong. Everywhere around the stadium will be packed. You could start early-ish somewhere like Doheny & Nesbitts and/or Toners on Baggot St, make your way down and swing a left onto Haddington Rd, have one in Smyths, move onto Ryans, and you're right by the stadium at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

To be honest in/around Ballsbridge it's really hard to go wrong. Everywhere around the stadium will be packed. You could start early-ish somewhere like Doheny & Nesbitts and/or Toners on Baggot St, make your way down and swing a left onto Haddington Rd, have one in Smyths, move onto Ryans, and you're right by the stadium at that stage.

I miss living in Ireland on days like this. What a plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Sangre wrote: »
    I miss living in Ireland on days like this. What a plan.

You can come back now, haven’t you heard the boom is back?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Rent is extortionate, mortages are easy to get, houses are not. McDonals happy meals have caviar as a side. It's truly amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,777 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Too right it is. For my first break this morning I had a chicken and pesto wrap with a flat white (large) and 2 jam wagon wheels.
    Living the dream.

• Advertisement

mfceiling wrote: »
    Too right it is. For my first break this morning I had a chicken and pesto wrap with a flat white (large) and 2 jam wagon wheels.
    Living the dream.

Where did you get this wrap? If its the place I get them I bet it was gorgeous

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

It's no bacon and pear sandwich, I bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,777 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Munchies I think...down in East Point.

Who the hell eats pear and bacon? Oh yeah, thomond.

mfceiling wrote: »
    Munchies I think...down in East Point..

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Kruganomics

Anyone know if kids under 2 need a ticket?

No info on Ticketmaster/IRFU/Aviva stadium websites....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

All people attending an event require a ticket but email ticketqueries@irishrugby.ie if you want to confirm with the IRFU

Advertisement