Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advent Calendars 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Airpure Advent calender's on Groupon!
    €9.99 + €2.50!

I just ordered one of these, thanks! My first ever "not cheap chocolate" advent calendar. I'm giong to make it a December thing to light it with my little boy a bit before bedtime each night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Guys I need your help.

I need to get a reusable calendar. Can be Christmas themed or not, makes no difference.

Need it as part of a pressie.

Needs to be decently sized to fit bits and pieces in.

I can't find anything suitable, can only find ones that fit small things in, but I need something slightly bigger :/

Have any of you seen anything at all that might be suitable, that is bigger than regular calendars? If you have seen or do come across anything could you post here or PM me please? I'd really appreciate it! <3

EDIT: Something like this where box #1 and #24 are bigger than the rest.

73f094f3797c2254fb681fe0a10a32bf--christmas-advent-calendars-countdown-to-christmas.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

StripedBoxers I had a quick look on Amazon and there seems to be a few... Not sure if that's helpful but I find Amazon deliver most things (so long as it's fulfilled by Amazon) within a week or so.

Also, FYI I was in Lidl today and in the clothing section they have a sock advert calendar. Quite quirky, you basically get 12 pairs of (Christmas themed) socks, in a random order, over the month. 1 sock a day.

I really REALLY want one. :pac:

StripedBoxers I had a quick look on Amazon and there seems to be a few... Not sure if that's helpful but I find Amazon deliver most things (so long as it's fulfilled by Amazon) within a week or so.

Also, FYI I was in Lidl today and in the clothing section they have a sock advert calendar. Quite quirky, you basically get 12 pairs of (Christmas themed) socks, in a random order, over the month. 1 sock a day.

Thanks a mill, Amazon (and eBay) are my first port of call for things like this and while they have calendars, the drawers aren't big enough for what I'd like to put in some of them. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

May look at advent calander wall hangings boxer. They may have more room. Try etsy.

• Advertisement

Next have a couple. The first one is quite expensive but it does have different size boxes.

http://www.next.ie/en/xo3698s8

http://www.next.ie/en/g772582s10#908666

• Registered Users Posts: 45 toetatoe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

What about this? Little bit of DIY but not too bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Guys I need your help.

I need to get a reusable calendar. Can be Christmas themed or not, makes no difference.

Need it as part of a pressie.

Needs to be decently sized to fit bits and pieces in.

I can't find anything suitable, can only find ones that fit small things in, but I need something slightly bigger :/

Have any of you seen anything at all that might be suitable, that is bigger than regular calendars? If you have seen or do come across anything could you post here or PM me please? I'd really appreciate it! <3

EDIT: Something like this where box #1 and #24 are bigger than the rest.

73f094f3797c2254fb681fe0a10a32bf--christmas-advent-calendars-countdown-to-christmas.jpg

I got a similar house style one in Ludlum last year for school. I popped a surprise in each box and the kids got to open the box on a particular day. It was cream in color and I think there may have been a light (only discovered when putting up in storage!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

OH MY GOD. I HAVE TO GET THIS.

Miaireland wrote: »
    May look at advent calander wall hangings boxer. They may have more room. Try etsy.
    Next have a couple. The first one is quite expensive but it does have different size boxes.

http://www.next.ie/en/xo3698s8

http://www.next.ie/en/g772582s10#908666
    honeybear wrote: »
    I got a similar house style one in Ludlum last year for school. I popped a surprise in each box and the kids got to open the box on a particular day. It was cream in color and I think there may have been a light (only discovered when putting up in storage!)
    Thank you all so so much for your help. I will check out your suggestions now.

If it comes to it, I can take what I am putting in to it out of their original packaging, hopefully I won't need to, but if I have to I will do it as a last resort.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Or if you are really stuck, you could put in a note/hint in the calendar and hide the actual gift somewhere else - like a little treasure hunt :D

I received the candle advent calendar today. Unfortunately a bit beat up in the post but all the candles survived. I have it in the wardrobe with the hidden Christmas gifts. I might have to move it. The gorgeous scent of Christmassy candles is a dead giveaway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Got the No 7 advent calendar in Boots yesterday for my sister for Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,196 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Available in Aldi from 2nd November!

22729169_924131684418289_2929196020694342173_n.jpg?oh=393b52a8acc4555fa4935711e27fa61f&oe=5A78FC88

I really want this, but is €70 too much?!

I had in my head it would be about 50, not sure why. I think I read it somewhere?!

Ah well, a week in it'll be discounted so I'll just have to get it then and double up on days until I've caught up ;)

I really want this, but is €70 too much?!

It does seem like a lot for an Advent calendar but it works out at about €2.92 per bottle!

Whispered wrote: »
    I had in my head it would be about 50, not sure why. I think I read it somewhere?!

Ah well, a week in it'll be discounted so I'll just have to get it then and double up on days until I've caught up ;)
    I think it is £50 sterling? Would it explain it being €70.

Dunno would it last a week tbh. I can't see it lasting that long but I dunno. It might well do. :confused:
    It does seem like a lot for an Advent calendar but it works out at about €2.92 per bottle!
    Great way of justifying it :pac:

Still tho...€70.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

That's about the same price that Lidl charge for their small 1/4 bottle size bottles, but those Aldi bottles sound smaller - I'll have to check the exact price and size when I'm back home this evening. The €70 sounds high....but broken down, it's not so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Just ordered this, it’s like a reverse advent calendar - you put a new bauble on each day

kitten_k wrote: »
    Just ordered this, it’s like a reverse advent calendar - you put a new bauble on each day

That is so cute! I love it! Where did you order it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

That is so cute! I love it! Where did you order it from?

I got it from https://www.educationaltoys.ie

Thanks!

Slightly different Advent calendar colour in duvet cover!

22789030_1604636842935025_3310330147338936323_n.jpg?oh=7ac450b1e1922d6d5c3638ec83a14389&oe=5AA6ABF8

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401381886373?clk_rvr_id=1348471973261&rmvSB=true

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Was in France at the weekend and the Sephora advent calendar is gorgeous. Alas I only had carry on luggage so couldn't bring one home

Xaracatz wrote: »
    Hey all

Just to update, I got a reply from The Bearded Man (company, not some hairy person :)), and these will be released again in October - date to be confirmed.

I bought one for my bearded brother. Not as a Christmas gift as such. Just going to send it to him before the end of the month because I know he'll love it and it's a bit of fun. Thanks for the heads up on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I love it!!!!! Totally want to buy it - our little girl would love it! I'm trying to avoid sweet and toy based advent calendars! This might be a winner! Is it as nice in the flesh as it is on the website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Debenhams have their sale on at the moment and all their Advent calendars are discounted

http://www.debenhams.ie/gifts/advent-calendars

Advertisement