Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Silhouette Challenge - Practical Classics 1983

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

I got most of them, but I'm also intrigued by the inset picture, lower-right on the cover, of the Austin A55 Cambridge with the 1982 registration - a DVLA vehicle enquiry confirms that it's a 1964 Austin, first registered in 1982, not exported or SORN, but not taxed since 1994.

Are there any more details about it inside the magazine?

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

My guesses would be the following

1 Morgan
    2 Allard
    3 Triumph (maybe Lanchester)
    4 Maserati
    5 Bond
    6 Ford
    7 Borgward
    8 Citroen
    9 Austin
    10 MG

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

Type 17 wrote: »
    I got most of them, but I'm also intrigued by the inset picture, lower-right on the cover, of the Austin A55 Cambridge with the 1982 registration - a DVLA vehicle enquiry confirms that it's a 1964 Austin, first registered in 1982, not exported or SORN, but not taxed since 1994.

Are there any more details about it inside the magazine?

Jees, you wouldn't get away with anything around here! :D

There is a buyers guide feature on A55 Farinas. The car was owned by Terry Bramhall who was manager of the magazine's restoration workshop in the early 80s. He had to re-register it after importing it to the mainland from one of the Channel Islands, or so it says.

38021585636_d3665e9c9a_b.jpgCCF31102017_00000 by Testa Calda, on Flickr

If your into it here's a feature you may find interesting.

38021787366_386d61fc2d_o.jpgCCF31102017_00002 by Testa Calda, on Flickr

Cool, thanks for the info (although I'm surprised that the DVLA didn't give the car an age-related 1964 reg like OWP 111B).

I remember that feature, as my older brother would often buy Practical Classics during the (later) 80's. Terry Bramhall's name is familiar too, thanks for posting ;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Type 17 wrote: »
    (although I'm surprised that the DVLA didn't give the car an age-related 1964 reg like OWP 111B).

Don't think they started issuing age-related plates to imports until later in 1983.

• Advertisement

Interesting - every day's a school day...:)

Advertisement