Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Establishments that have gone to sh*t

Options
  • 29-10-2017 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭

I was in Abrakebabra yesterday in Swords, haven't been to an Abrakebabra in years.... holy crap... their Taco Fries used to be the stuff of legend.... but what I got were miserable oil infested thick chips and the taco sauce was terrible... :mad:

Some of the Eddie Rockets franchises have gone to sh*t also.... yup, some have gone full self service! You don't get a waiter or waitress... nope you have to collect the food yourself and it's all with disposable plastic plates. Also, they cut their menu in halve... no more Clonakilty pudding burgers :mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Yeah abrakebabra’s can be hit and miss as I guess it depends on the people running the place. Three different people/companies have started up an Abrakebabra in letterkenny at different stages but all three closed within a year. The food was **** and people went elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Supermac's in Tullow still has a nice Chicken breast sandwich

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Bruxelles rock bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

'The Establishment' bunch of fvckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

KFC in The Square is a cesspit.
    Overflowing bins, disgusting floors, filthy tables, it's horrendous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭paulbok

BOI

• Registered Users Posts: 81,528 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tesco since they introduced those mother effin blue wheeled basket things, wtf was wrong with either choosing a normal basket for a few items or then going to the smaller trolley if you wanted slightly more. I feel like a bellend going around with them when only getting a loaf of bread and milk.

tesco-612031.jpg

The Hell Fire Club.

In the 1700s, that place was wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I remember the Irish Independent when it was a respected paper and not a rag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Tesco since they introduced those mother effin blue wheeled basket things, wtf was wrong with either choosing a normal basket for a few items or then going to the smaller trolley if you wanted slightly more. I feel like a bellend going around with them when only getting a loaf of bread and milk.

tesco-612031.jpg

I love those! Even a small number of items can be quite heavy but trollies are a bit cumbersome for just a few things and you can’t really go to the self-service with a trolley.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The FAI

Pat Hickey - God he was great before the whole ticket scandal

RTÉ

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

mikemac2 wrote: »

It really is a shocking sh*tpiece

• Registered Users Posts: 30,314 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

A place that gets praised here a lot on boards is M&S and I find it's nothing special anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭paulbok

mikemac2 wrote: »

You must be really old so

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

paulbok wrote: »
    You must be really old so

You'd only have to be in your 30s

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

McDonald's rotten, bugger king rotten, supermacs absolutely worst fast food ate recently was just oil dripping gunk and chips tasted gone real bad, KFC rotten, even as mentioned previous with the new rockets where you go collect like mc D's or burger king it was absolutely rotten.

What is going on with food places a lot are gone so bad its unreal.

One place I would love something from right now is burdocks..... Yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

A place that gets praised here a lot on boards is M&S and I find it's nothing special anymore.

M&S is like Marmite. Either you love it or you hate it. The customer service in the Clonmel branch are appalling, but the food is still much better then any other supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Paris... All of it.

• Advertisement

splinter65 wrote: »
    M&S is like Marmite. Either you love it or you hate it. The customer service in the Clonmel branch are appalling, but the food is still much better then any other supermarket.

Actually we were in the M&S there a few years ago and they turned off the lights in the fitting rooms about 15 minutes early leaving somebody in the dark.
    We got clothes for somebody in M&S after the praise I read on here for them and they went shabby very fast and weren't worth the money.
    Regarding the grocery department I find it's okay if your into ready meals but I wouldn't be fussed about their cakes/biscuits/chocolates/etc. It used be a lot better in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

McDonald's rotten, bugger king rotten, supermacs absolutely worst fast food ate recently was just oil dripping gunk and chips tasted gone real bad, KFC rotten, even as mentioned previous with the new rockets where you go collect like mc D's or burger king it was absolutely rotten.

Was in a McDonalds today in Kilkenny. The food is as it always was. You know what you’re getting. But I was mightily impressed by the place.

Touch screen ordering, they delivered the order to your table. A soft play area for the kids and about 8-10 tablets for the older kids. It was absolutely fantastic. I’m not a massive fan of the food but it was hands down the most customer friendly place I’ve ever been in.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,066 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Coppers. Damn kids these days don't appreciate the simpler things in life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Most iconic food brands. They've probably hired lots of food scientists, marketers and accountants, but there's no genuine quality left.

Lyons tea, Denny's, Tayto, Guinness, Heinz, HB Ice cream, Cadburys, your local chipper.

Say what you want about 'hipsters' and 'artisanal producers', but at least there's still a movement that produces high quality food that costs more. You are what you eat and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Abrakebabra and KFC have always been sh1te to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

splinter65 wrote: »

I don’t love or hate it.

_Dara_ wrote: »
    I don’t love or hate it.

I find it's over hyped by people!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

You really think these have gone down hill?

Chinese take-aways. All of them. There's little to no difference now between any I've been in in the last 5 years. They're all selling the same gloopy schlock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

_Dara_ wrote: »
    I don’t love or hate it.

You need to take that to the controversial opinions thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

humberklog wrote: »
    You really think these have gone down hill?

Chinese take-aways. All of them. There's little to no difference now between any I've been in in the last 5 years. They're all selling the same gloopy schlock.

Now I'll be honest haven't eaten mc D's since 2001 but had burger king about 3 years ago and wasn't right after it and to be honest it wasn't worth the crazy money I paid either.

Couple weeks ago had supermacs in carrick on Shannon and by bejaysus it was rotten oily crap and smelt bad among the taste been one of the worst chips ever had and I do love chips.

True about Chinese food but it defo can be hit and miss.

Times you would get and it would be massive and the next could make you never want to eat again as chicken would be like rubber.

Advertisement