Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Oz/NZ beers?

Options
  • 28-10-2017 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭

I will admit to being a fan of the above, and was very lucky for the past number of years to be able to get a decent selection in most off licences. However, I've noticed in the past few months that they have become nearly impossible to get and I've Googled online sites but nobody seems to have them.

Does anyone know if there is some sort of supply issue (like one guy in a good off licence told me) or if the ultimate disaster has happened and they are no longer brewing/selling these beers in Ireland? I hope hope that it's not the latter!! :eek::(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

What type of beers? Speights and the likes or Garage project?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭BandMember

James Boags, Coopers, Speights......anything really..... Carlton Draught would be the dream! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I've seen Boag's and Cooper's Pale Ale in SuperValu. One importer, I don't know which, is bringing in Mac's. The BrewDog-brewed Yeastie Boys range is knocking around a few of the better supermarkets too, if that counts.

Thanks BeerNut! :) I used to see (and get) Boag's and Coopers Pale Ale in loads of places, but the supply has vanished in recent months. Any online sites that would deliver? What's Mac's though? I'm unfamiliar with that one....

BandMember wrote: »
    What's Mac's though? I'm unfamiliar with that one....
    New Zealand brewery. Used to be a brewpub in Wellington, now part of the Kirin empire.

• Advertisement

BeerNut wrote: »
    New Zealand brewery. Used to be a brewpub in Wellington, now part of the Kirin empire.

I like NZ beers! Where can you get that in Ireland? I'd be interested to try some... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,882 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Have you tried Martins? They are showig as having Boags and Coopers in stock online... but not sure how reliable that is:
    http://www.martinsofflicence.ie/beer/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

BandMember wrote: »
    Where can you get that in Ireland? I'd be interested to try some... :D
    Last one I bought was in The Wine Centre in Kilkenny but it was way less than fresh. There's a lot to be said for drinking local.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭laros

Where can you get that in Ireland?

Molloys off licence carry Macs beers , The clonsilla branch has 2 or 3 of the range

Advertisement