Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on selling a guitar

• 26-10-2017 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I've been trying to sell an electric guitar for months, on all the usual sites (adverts, donedeal, gumtree). I've had absolutely no interest. Is there any where in particular I should be trying to sell it instead? Does anyone know of any music shops that will buy second hand guitars off you? Does anyone know how good of a price you'd get from a pawn shop? Am I allowed advertise something for sale on this site?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,089 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

What guitar is it?

There’s a market for pretty much everything, and those three sites are the most popular in the country. If people won’t buy, you’ve probably priced too high.

If maybe it’s something niche that there’s a small market for in Ireland, one choice is to try eBay or reverb.com and reach a larger international audience.

Pawnshops, cash converters and music shops will give you a price that is to their advantage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,089 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Oh, the guitarist Ireland group on Facebook would be another place to try. Indeed, Facebook in general is getting more into the area of advertising stuff for sale.

Advertisement