Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Left my Bitcoin in Electrum wallet, how do I avail of BitCoin Gold?

Options
  • 25-10-2017 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all

as the title says I left my BTC in the Electrum wallet during the fork. I just started a new job and it slipped my mind.... has anyone got any advice on the steps I need to go through to get my Bitcoin Gold? Or if I even can?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Ciaranimo wrote: »
    Hi all

as the title says I left my BTC in the Electrum wallet during the fork. I just started a new job and it slipped my mind.... has anyone got any advice on the steps I need to go through to get my Bitcoin Gold? Or if I even can?

Bitcoin Gold isn't available yet. Appears to have been little more than a scam. Most exchanges won't touch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

Bitcoin Gold isn't available yet. Appears to have been little more than a scam. Most exchanges won't touch it.

More missinformation here as usual

There are a few exchanges, hitbtc.com idk what the price is now but sells outnumbered buys by about 200:1 so I think the price will head for zero soon

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

I transferred bitcoin from my wallet to hitbtc.com
    Was credited the correct amount of bitcoin, but no bitcoin gold.
    I tried the same with bittrex, again no BTG.
    Is there any exchange I can transfer some bitcoin to and get creditted with BTG?
    It seemed so easy with the Bitcoin Cash fork!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭covfefe

Shauny2010 wrote: »

Can you tell me how this was misinformation?

Just because some exchanges have decided to trade an imaginary coin doesn't mean it is generally available.

Apparently a snapshot was taken of the Bitcoin blockchain at block 491407, if your coins were stored on one of those exchanges that have decided to enable trading of the imaginary coin, then you will have been credited with Bitcoin Gold.

The OP clearly stated that their coins were on Electrum, can you tell them how to get their Bitcoin Gold from Electrum onto an exchange? As far as I know this is impossible, and will be until a working Bitcoin Gold wallet/client is released...

Sounds like you're spreading some misinformation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Shauny2010 wrote: »

There are a few exchanges, hitbtc.com idk what the price is now but sells outnumbered buys by about 200:1
    These are not actual coins that are being traded on the likes of HitBTC or Bitfinex ......... they are Chain Split Tokens similar to the "Futures" traded on the stock exchange. You are not actually buying a BTG coin but rather a token entitling you to a BTG coin after November 1st when the Bitcoin Gold blockchain goes "live". You cannot at the moment withdraw a Bitcoin Gold that you buy from these exchanges. Neither can you deposit Bitcoin Gold into them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement