Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of career

Options
  • 05-10-2017 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

How's it goin lads,

Just considering my options. I'm getting sick of the bulls*@t at sea/offshore at the moment and have been thinking recently of coming ashore but I'm not sure what options are there? I have a chief engineers ticket. Appreciate any advice.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I've come across a few ex chiefs slot into facilities management in factories. Pharmaceutical specifically. You could do some research on that path.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

dto001 wrote: »
    How's it goin lads,

Just considering my options. I'm getting sick of the bulls*@t at sea/offshore at the moment and have been thinking recently of coming ashore but I'm not sure what options are there? I have a chief engineers ticket. Appreciate any advice.
    Cheers

I assume that you are in the Merchant Marine. Did the military ever interest you as I am sure that some outfits would be glad to have a chief engineer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LunAtlFringe

Have met some ex c/e's working in technical departments for Shipowners - not too many based in Ireland but depending on the sort of vessels you've been sailing on you might find such work in Scandinavia or Greece for example.

Advertisement