Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Rain - Munster & Leinster - Thu 19 October

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It was raining here in Cork City at 6am this morning when my alarm went off. I was heavier at that time. Looking out the window now at 1pm it's still raining but is just constant. I wouldn't be shocked if trees which were damaged by the wind on Monday fall over if this rain continues. The ground is saturated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Typical horrible October day here heavy rain clouds down to the ground. Would love to pack off to somewhere nice until next may now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

32mm Roches
    31mm Cork

So far n still lashing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Typical horrible October day here heavy rain clouds down to the ground. Would love to pack off to somewhere nice until next may now.

Why, what's happened next May? You're not expecting good weather are you? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Finally recorded some rain here. 0.2mm. And it's 13.6C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,118 ✭✭✭pad199207

a shocking 0.4mm so far

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Really starting to flood around Cork city now,difficult driving conditions already.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Looks like 12mm now in waterford. Steady rain with some heavy bits added in. Water is starting to gather and I saw the counsel out with the road sweeper picking up leaves while another guy was blasting them off the path http://www.waterfordcityweather.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,487 ✭✭✭brevity

It hasn't stopped raining in Cork. Really heavy too.

I think the warning area should be more west as theres nothing happening herein Kildare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

pad199207 wrote: »
    I think the warning area should be more west as theres nothing happening herein Kildare

Rain all day here in Wexford,the problems with flooding in the likes of Enniscorthy is when there's heavy rain in Wicklow also and the Slaney rises.

Rainfall will become a major National Issue by next week if charts verify

Could be totals of 150mm in 7 days in some parts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Worried here at this stage.

431045.jpg

No wonder its called watergrasshill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Is that a mobile app or site that tells you local rainfall? Hardly accurate is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

pad199207 wrote: »
    a shocking 0.4mm so far

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Current rainfall reading 10.40 mm/ hr

Heavy rain - flooding and ground saturated

East Limerick - Cork Border

Is that a mobile app or site that tells you local rainfall? Hardly accurate is it?

It's a Netatmo weather station. So accurate to my back garden, 10 minutes ago.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sunny in Dublin 16....with....heavy drizzle/light rain! 3.4mm so far today,

If we get the same again overnight and tomorrow there will be a lot of flooding in Cork. 431046.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭aidanodr

I was out about near Five Mile Bridge / road to Kinsale / west behind Airport about an hour ago. Trying to go to Carrigaline. All the roads to Carrigaline eg Forrest road were so badly flooded all cars had to turn back. I ended up going back through the city to go via the link and carrs hill to get to carrigaline. Lots of surface water. Havent seen it that bad in a long while.

Its still raining now but not as torrential. Hour ago, that was some amount of water ..

As an aside out around Five Mile Bridge / road to Belgooly, Kinsale, fair amount of ESB Crews and lines down

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Escaped the worst so far in East Galway
    Nice drop but nothing major

Parts of Cork have now exceeded 50mm of rain and there seems to be a final jet forming on the radar that could add another 10mm

• Registered Users Posts: 23,816 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

7.8mm at Roche's Point in the last hour alone.

pauldry wrote: »
    Parts of Cork have now exceeded 50mm of rain and there seems to be a final jet forming on the radar that could add another 10mm

The weather gods must have something in for Cork lately

• Registered Users Posts: 18,110 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Rain has stopped here in West Clare, 25.0mm total from event, max rate of 7.0mm/h at 15:19. Lots of surface water but no real flooding.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

25.4mm near Roscrea and still raining

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Lots of roads closed due to flooding here in Cork...some photos on the corksafetyalerts page on facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

MJohnston wrote:
    Also, there will be heavy rain over the Dublin mountains, and I guess that would be enough to trigger a warning for the whole “countyâ€

I've been watching the rainfall radar today and it's almost as if there is largely an umbrella hole over the city for most of the day. Very odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

22 mm accumulation in the last 6 hours.

Heavy rainfall and flooding now widespread on local roads.

Large field pond is full and has overflowed - never seen it at that level before. Drains and shores now backing up as nowhere for water to flow.

Have just moved some livestock to higher ground.

Hope there is not too much more rainfall tbh as there will be widespread serious flooding in this area

East Limerick / Cork Border

Advertisement