Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glas Low Emissions Slurry Spreading

Options
  • 27-11-2015 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

Does anyone in the West Mayo area carry out this type of slurry spreading?

Glas planner is saying I prob need this to get into Tier 2 for Glas 2 as Tier 3 may not get a look in with a lot of application in already. A crop is out of the question as cant give up a Ha to crops so was thinking of this as a potential option.
    Glas Low Emissions Slurry requires that All of the slurry applied on the farm must be spread by one or a combination of the following methods for each year of the contract.
    a) Band spreading
    b) Injection systems
    c) Trailing shoe

Also does anyone put there slurry out in one of the above methods and would you recommend it over the conventional spread method regarding cost, area required and method of agitation ?

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭Sami23

Hi all that time of year to submit our slurry declaration for LESS.
    As I'm in Glas 3 this is my first year to submit so just wondering is it OK to submit the completed form by email to glas@agriculture.gov.ie ?
    Have people in Glas 1 and 2 done it this way last year ?
    TIA

Anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

I posted mine but l can't see any reason why a scanned copy wouldn't be acceptable. I never actually thought of sending it that way! With the price of a stamp gone to €1, it could be the way to go.

That's what they most likely do with the posted declarations anyways, i.e. scan them and put them up on the system.

I've scanned things before and emailed to other DAFM departments and they were accepted. Sometimes I'd do both, ie scan and post so they couldn't say they didn't get it! (a bit OTT l know!!) They are very good in fairness to email back to say they received what l sent. But why don't you just ring the Glas office in Johnstown Castle just to be sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Put a read receipt and delivery receipt on the emails
    Muckit wrote: »
    I posted mine but l can't see any reason why a scanned copy wouldn't be acceptable. I never actually thought of sending it that way! With the price of a stamp gone to €1, it could be the way to go.

That's what they most likely do with the posted declarations anyways, i.e. scan them and put them up on the system.

I've scanned things before and emailed to other DAFM departments and they were accepted. Sometimes I'd do both, ie scan and post so they couldn't say they didn't get it! (a bit OTT l know!!) They are very good in fairness to email back to say they received what l sent. But why don't you just ring the Glas office in Johnstown Castle just to be sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Another thing I've never done! I've got emails with them and thry look for a 'read receipt before you've even opened it!! Wtf

• Advertisement

Got email confirmation this afternoon so all good.
    Thanks for replys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Any of you received a 2021 Slurry Declaration Form yet. I can't find one online either.

Advertisement