Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Kind Of Modern Irish Society Do We The Irish Citizens Want?

Options
  • 18-10-2017 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    I know it is my first post on Boards.ie and it might seem a little heavy, but it is a question that I believe we should all be asking ourselves, I want to know if there are others who are asking the same question of themselves. I just want to state that I am not affiliated to any political party whatsoever, I am just an average Joe Irish man who is bothered by what is happening in our "Modern Irish Society" so here it goes:

What Kind Of Modern Irish Society Do We The Irish Citizens Want?

A. - A modern Irish society that benefits the few elites at the expense of the majority of us Irish citizens like we have now

Or

B. A modern Irish society that benefits all Irish citizens at the expense of the few elites

Please give a reason for your reply, Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,129 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I think its fairly obvious what way your political leaning is from those 2 options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 webhunter

As stated in my post I have no political affiliation, would you like to state your choice and if not why?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mod note:

Thread closed. OP, please read the charter re: serious political discussion.

Specifically, what you have done is set up a false dichotomy whereby the country is divided into two camps - the elite and the majority - and it is a zero sum game whereby one has to be exploited and the other benefits from same. I seriously you doubt you think anyone will genuinely answer that they want a system that benefits an unspecified elite to the detriment of the majority of people.

Further, if you want to discuss a political issue you will need to provide more specific detail that is based on the real world. There is scope to discuss political theory which does not require a link to current events, but it has to be an actual theory and not just assertions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement