Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insured during storm?

Options
  • 16-10-2017 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Many messages going around Twitter and the internet saying car insurance policies not covered during storm.

Not sure how true or not but just said I would ask if this is true? I have TPFT.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Guy Sajer

rizzee wrote: »
    Hi,

Many messages going around Twitter and the internet saying car insurance policies not covered during storm.

Not sure how true or not but just said I would ask if this is true? I have TPFT.

Thanks

The AA have repeatedly tweeted the home insurance and comprehensive car insurance are valid during red warnings.

So I presume TPFT wouldnt be covered. Not going near the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Guy Sajer wrote: »
    The AA have repeatedly tweeted the home insurance and comprehensive car insurance are valid during red warnings.

I'm not with the AA and I don't have comprehensive insurance. I'm not in work til 11pm tonight, I got a call to take it that I am in, but my car is only means of transport.

• Company Representative Posts: 23 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Kieron

Guy Sajer wrote: »

I'm not with the AA and I don't have comprehensive insurance. I'm not in work til 11pm  tonight, I got a call to take it that I am in, but my car is only means of transport.
    Hi Rizzee,

While you are insured to drive, we recommend you don’t travel unless absolutely necessary.
    If you have to drive today, please consider the following tips:
    1.       Watch the weather at Met Eireann and from your local councils.
    2.       Expected the unexpected
    3.       Stock an emergency kit. Recommended items include: a flashlight and batteries, hand-warmers, blankets, drinking water, jumper cables, and standalone emergency lights or flares. 

Please note it is recommended to stay away from any fallen wires or trees.

Hope this helps
    Kieran

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Hi Rizzee,

While you are insured to drive, we recommend you don’t travel unless absolutely necessary.
    3.       Stock an emergency kit. Recommended items include: a flashlight and batteries, hand-warmers, blankets, drinking water, jumper cables, and standalone emergency lights or flares. 

Hope this helps
    Kieran

Thanks Kieran, so to confirm i definitely am insured on TPFT?

• Company Representative Posts: 23 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Kieron

Hi Rizzee,

Hope this helps
    Kieran

Thanks Kieran, so to confirm i definitely am insured on TPFT?
    Hi Rizzee,

Your insurance cover does not change during a weather warning.

Kieran

• Advertisement
Advertisement