Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now Ye're Talking - to the team for Ireland's first satellite, EIRSAT-1

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

DeVore wrote: »
    It will at *least* be green with a comical over-sized felt top hat, perched at a jaunty angle. Right? :p

We're definitely going to have to do this AMA again during the build when you ladies and gents are further along, its really fascinating. I wish you the very best, this IS rocket science! :)

I look forward to it. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

So how much of what you are doing is done from scratch because nobody has ever done it before? As opposed to doing from scratch for the purposes of the exercise and training, or how much was just taking what other folks have done and made it fit?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Doublepost.

• Company Representative Posts: 28 Verified rep EIRSAT-1 Team

So how much of what you are doing is done from scratch because nobody has ever done it before? As opposed to doing from scratch for the purposes of the exercise and training, or how much was just taking what other folks have done and made it fit?

Hi! I think we've answered something similar to this previously, but what I would add is that especially with our two experiments EMOD and GMOD, Irish technology gets the chance to be flown for the first time in space, which is super cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Hi! I think we've answered something similar to this previously, but what I would add is that especially with our two experiments EMOD and GMOD, Irish technology gets the chance to be flown for the first time in space, which is super cool!

Negative 455 degrees Fahrenheit cool in fact :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Congrats to the team at UCD -

Tánaiste, Leo Varadkar, has signed the contract documents with the European Space agency, to send Eirsat 1 on it's way in Jan or Feb of next year.

From humble beginnings.... great things come.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2022/1017/1329734-eirsat-1-irish-satellite/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,336 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I read the RTE story and then saw this thread and thought what a beautifully-timed coup for Boards! I then see I've already contributed to the thread when it was first appeared in 2017.

New question if the OP is willing to revisit..........

How much paperwork is involved with a project like this or is it all documented online?

Advertisement