Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading From Kindle Paperwhite 2

Options
  • 12-10-2017 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am looking to upgrade a kindle paperwhite 2 as a gift for someone but i don't know anything about kindles!

Any recommendations on what to pick? Nothing too complicated but something with newer features!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Hey OP,

If their Kindle Paperwhite 2 isn't broken, I don't think there are many other e-readers out there that have new features that will enhance one's reading experience. It has really all one could want - long battery, huge storage space and a light so that's really the works!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

i best get thinking of a new Christmas present idea so haha!

thanks for that - the last thing i wanted was to get something that was in no way different or of a lower spec so thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Fian

I agree - The Kindle Oasis and the Kindle Voyager are both "upgrades" in that they retail for higher prices, but honestly the difference between them is not very significant. The kindle does one job (which a paperback can also do) and does it very well.

It is just not worth upgrading a working paperwhite.

You could buy a kindle oasis if you want to be able to bring your kindle into the sea with you when you go for a swim at the beach. For me it is not a dealbreaker that a paperwhite can't do that.

Thanks Fian :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

If they're a book lover perhaps Amazon vouchers would be handy!

• Advertisement

La_Gordy wrote: »
    If they're a book lover perhaps Amazon vouchers would be handy!

They have an amazon account thing where they pay a monthly subscription so i think that covers all they could want for the most part!
    I'll look into that though, thanks!

Hi All - back with another question.

So, didn't by a new kindle as per advice given, but was thinking of getting an amazon gift card - the person does already have kindle unlimited on their account but they do buy books separate to that subscription from what i can see.....

Is that correct that Kindle Unlimited is only for certain books and not in fact unlimited?!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Hi All - back with another question.

So, didn't by a new kindle as per advice given, but was thinking of getting an amazon gift card - the person does already have kindle unlimited on their account but they do buy books separate to that subscription from what i can see.....

Is that correct that Kindle Unlimited is only for certain books and not in fact unlimited?!

Maybe too late for you but yes only certain titles are available in Kindle unlimited.

Advertisement