Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

selling collectible Whisky

Options
  • 09-10-2017 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

My father has some bottles of valuable collectible scotch whisky that he would like to sell / auction. Wondering if anyone has any advice on the best way to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭sceach16

My father has some bottles of valuable collectible scotch whisky that he would like to sell / auction. Wondering if anyone has any advice on the best way to do this?

Whytes have an auction coming up in December. www.whytes.ie or there are
    some whiskey shops who may be interested. Celtic whiskey comes to mind. Be aware that you/your dad are likely to get c 50/60% of retail at best. there are a number of Scotch auctioneers in Scotland but getting it there is the obvious problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nickw14

There are quite a few online auction sites based in the UK. I have used numerous times and would recommend the Scotch Whisky Auction as they are a well known one and have a set £5 selling fee and £5 on reserves and I have been happy with the results from my auctions. 
    There are also the following you could consider:
    Just Whisky
    Whisky Hammer 
    Whisky Auctioneer
    Whisky Online Auctions

Or you can also search for some Facebook Groups as well many that offer the chance to sell.

Advertisement