Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MGB gt general info

Options
  • 20-09-2017 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi this is a long shot but possibly somebody might have heard or come across this question. I currently have a 1971 mgb gt with spoke wheels and wondered if more modern tyres could be fitted on these rims .
    I have heard that 175/70/14 would suit but nothing is really confirmed in any post. Maybe somebody has actually put tyres on spoke wheels and knows a size that works. Any information would help me so much with my new car.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

hi,, yes i've changed the tyres on my 69 mgb, fitted falken sincera sn832 , 175/80/14, no probs with them in the 1000 miles i've run them

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Eddie444

Just to add another question to this post . Does anyone know as good mechanic that works on mgb's in the Dublin area. Have a slight clunk in the rear diff and would like it sorted. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Eddie444 wrote: »
    Just to add another question to this post . Does anyone know as good mechanic that works on mgb's in the Dublin area. Have a slight clunk in the rear diff and would like it sorted. Thanks

No recommendation, but it sounds like it might be a worn prop UJ. Any decent mech could do this

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Tiger31

Try Johnny Flynn in Greystones, mobile 086 080 7267. He is a well respected expert on enthusiast on MG's

Advertisement