Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoganstand Forum A Disgrace

Options
  • 05-10-2017 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

Hi. I'm just wondering are any gaa posters here members of Hoganstand and how have they found it.

I've been a member on there for over a year and find it very unfair. Posters who are on the site for years can basically say what they want.

My brother was on it for 6 months or so. Two days ago he made a joke that he heard a rumour that there was going to be a nationwide church gate collection for the Gooch on Sunday 15th October! He was banned and contacted their support group Lynn Publications as to the reason why and received no reply.

A month ago, an acquaintaince of his, French, who plays Junior hurling at 47 started a thread asking was he unique. After a few posts he was banned and again after seeking an explanation received no reply.

Any thoughts on the Hoganstand website forum?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

Well whatever about anything else, getting banned for those 'infractions' is bad form (particularly the last one), as is their not getting back to the people involved.

It strikes me as a site where the forum is seen as a pain in the backside for those running it. It is also possible that those older posters you speak of, are actually admins on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

I gave up on that place years ago, too many fellas looking for rows all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

This is (for better or worse) the best place to talk about GAA. Hoganstand is a nightmare at the best of times to read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭HurlingRanker

Given that all posts are pre-moderated I'm amazed at the amount of blatant and obvious trolling they permit. The fear rua site was good until a number of the regulars found the owners personal photobucket account and it's "racy" content, he kind of lost the plot after that and eventually took his ball and went home.

This place is as good as you'll get for GAA discussion. Nonsense and trolling generally dealt with well by mods who at the same time aren't too heavy handed.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭dog_pig

This is (for better or worse) the best place to talk about GAA. Hoganstand is a nightmare at the best of times to read.

If only there weren't so many mouth breathers doing the rounds

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

nagdefy wrote: »
    Hi. I'm just wondering are any gaa posters here members of Hoganstand and how have they found it.

I've been a member on there for over a year and find it very unfair. Posters who are on the site for years can basically say what they want.

My brother was on it for 6 months or so. Two days ago he made a joke that he heard a rumour that there was going to be a nationwide church gate collection for the Gooch on Sunday 15th October! He was banned and contacted their support group Lynn Publications as to the reason why and received no reply.

A month ago, an acquaintaince of his, French, who plays Junior hurling at 47 started a thread asking was he unique. After a few posts he was banned and again after seeking an explanation received no reply.

Any thoughts on the Hoganstand website forum?
    Banned!

Only joking :pac:
    But I'm afraid I'm going to have to lock this as it's not really appropriate to discuss the moderation (or lack thereof) or posters of other GAA sites.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement