Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MG1100, Mk1, 2 door, RHD

Options
  • 28-09-2017 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

I was a Boards user may years ago but have not been here for a long time.

I am interested in hearing about any MG1100, Mk1, 2 door, RHD cars.

I am searching for info on the existence of a very specific model of an MG 1100 saloon, as listed above. Information is a bit sketchy but it appears there were very few of these made. There were 264 sold in Ireland and possibly as few as 2 sold in the UK, so what better place than here to ask. There may be a few parked up somewhere around the country.   

Just to clarify, I am not looking to trace any particular car, just wondering if many still exist.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Is it the same shape car that was in the famous Basil Fawlty scene? I thought all the MG variants were 1300(1275cc)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,974 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I was a Boards user may years ago but have not been here for a long time.

I remember. Welcome back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭w124man

jca wrote: »
    Is it the same shape car that was in the famous Basil Fawlty scene? I thought all the MG variants were 1300(1275cc)

Not all no. There was a 1098cc version with twin 1 1/4 SU's and an LCB exhaust manifold. The cylinder head off one of these engines used to be the head of choice for the 'boy racers' of the 70's era who wanted to get a little more umph from their 998cc Mini

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Blue850

Advertised by Booth Poole as the MG 2 Door Sedan in 1967, priced at £884 compared to £946 for the 4 door, UK price for 4 door was UK£788 but the price listing is blank for the 2 door in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭welder

w124man wrote: »
    Not all no. There was a 1098cc version with twin 1 1/4 SU's and an LCB exhaust manifold. The cylinder head off one of these engines used to be the head of choice for the 'boy racers' of the 70's era who wanted to get a little more umph from their 998cc Mini

The old 12G295 head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭w124man

welder wrote: »
    The old 12G295 head

Yesss another anorak ... !!!

Advertisement