Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County Cork Blackwater Castle

Options
  • 26-09-2017 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello,
    I am looking to purchase kegs for my wedding in Blackwater Castle. The current vendor says I am only able to get Guinness and Heineken. 
    While I'm more than happy to have Guinness, Heineken as the ONLY other choice on a 3 tap bar seems limiting. I was hoping for Pilsner Urquell,
    Warsteiner or Carlsberg. Does anyone know where I would be able to order kegs of any of those in Cork County Ireland? I MUCH prefer delivered and installed, but
    it may be arranged otherwise.

Thanks in advance. I hope this gets some traction before it's too late and we're forced into expensive bottles.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Whoever is supplying the Guinness would be able to supply Carlsberg.

BrewCrew has a wider range of options.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 EDarien

Thank you for the link. But the vendor I'm talking to specifically said the only two beers available on tap are Guinness and Heineken. I don't understand it myself. This is why I'm trying to find an alternative source to buy and set up the kegs in the castle for our week in the castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 EDarien

Also, I really mean it, thank you. I checked out the website and I'm hoping for an e-mail back from them. I don't know the hookups at the castle, so I also e-mailed the castle management to see what option(s) are best.
    I'm definitely open to any more suggestions, though, especially since it appears BrewCrew is specifically in Dublin which is 3+ hours away from the wedding venue.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

EDarien wrote: »
    Thank you for the link. But the vendor I'm talking to specifically said the only two beers available on tap are Guinness and Heineken. I don't understand it myself. This is why I'm trying to find an alternative source to buy and set up the kegs in the castle for our week in the castle.

That's very odd, I was looking at the same venue and I'm sure we were offered a larger selection. Didn't go with them in the end though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Grand Cru beers have rented kegs out before. Not sure if they do taps and cooler etc

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Also any local bar that are half decent should be able to supply a few kegs and a barman.

Advertisement