Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Maze Runner: The Death Cure

• 26-09-2017 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,273 ✭✭✭✭

The final film in the Maze Runner trilogy delayed for over a year because of a number serious on set injuries to Dylan O'Brien.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'm surprised they even carried on with these, what with YA fiction adaptions falling out of favour in recent times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭kerplun k

The final film in the Maze Runner trilogy delayed for over a year because of a number serious on set injuries to Dylan O'Brien.

This post is very misleading. Its phrased in a way that reads like the injury/delay is fresh news. Just to be clear, Dylan O'Brien was injured on set in May 2016, and the film is due to be released in Irish screens on the 9th of February 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

kerplun k wrote: »
    This post is very misleading. Its phrased in a way that reads like the injury/delay is fresh news. Just to be clear, Dylan O'Brien was injured on set in May 2016, and the film is due to be released in Irish screens on the 9th of February 2018.

How is it misleading? He just pointed out that the 3rd film is heavily delayed as a result of those injuries....which is true. :confused:

Pretty good films. A lot better than the Hunger Games or Divergent which was awful crap altogether.

Having said that, 2nd film was a fair step down from the first.

How is it misleading? He just pointed out that the 3rd film is heavily delayed as a result of those injuries....which is true. :confused:

Yep, it was also true a year and half a ago. When I read it, I thought there was another accident and delay. I actually googled to check that he was talking about the incident from May16 and not something new. :p

Yeah, these films keep surprising me. Normally not a fan of YA films, but first one was very entertaining and the second was even better. I've gone from not caring about it to actively rooting for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,273 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Please explain why?

• Advertisement

Please explain why?

Because it happened a year and a half ago. When I read, I googled to check that it wasn't delayed again.

Because it happened a year and a half ago. When I read, I googled to check that it wasn't delayed again.

Yes and that is what I said it was delayed for over a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Yes and that is what I said it was delayed for over a year.

why would you randomly post it today then, when the film is not out for 6 months and the injuries happened over a year ago?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

why would you randomly post it today then, when the film is not out for 6 months and the injuries happened over a year ago?

Presumably because the trailer only came out the other day and Coulson thought it was worth sharing and discussing? Lots of threads get started for films not out for ages, like, all the time. Weird thread :confused:

pixelburp wrote: »
    Presumably because the trailer only came out the other day and Coulson thought it was worth sharing and discussing? Lots of threads get started for films not out for ages, like, all the time. Weird thread :confused:

Apologies, my bad. The post confused me when I initially read it. Probably down to my own stupidity. I shouldn’t have commented on it. Anyhews. I’m looking forward to this.

• Advertisement

Let's look at the Star Wars thread that was started in April of 2016 for a film that isn't released till December this year that was very random.

I posted this because the trailer was released for it and maybe people are interested and would like to chat about it.

Yes the injuries happened over a year ago and delayed the release of the film for over a year which I stated.

This is a discussion board is it not?

Anyway for the Maze Runner adaptation of book to screen was the best of all the of all the so called Young Adult books like Hunger Games or Divergent Series for me.

Hopefully this ends well.

Cast recap the last two films in 90 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Brazil Comic Con Trailer..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Thought the first film was surprisingly good.
    Thought the second one was awful.
    This looks like more of what I didn't like. Pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Has anyone here bought the first two films on iTunes?

I bought them cheap a while back (iTunes dropped price again today) and I was sure Scorch Trials had a decent set of extras same as the first film but they no longer appear with the movie in my library.

A technical error or is my memory mistaken?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

I won tickets to go see this tonight, haven't seen the earlier two but grabbed a quick synopsis online. Trailer doesn't fill me with massive expectations :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

Yeah, wouldn't bother with it tbh
    Had some decent action sequences but no real resolution, had several points that it could (should?) have ended, a number of nonsensical plot points (although could be down to it being explained in the books and assumed knowledge for someone watching it) and not enough development for any real involvement or pay off.
    I'd avoid but I'm not the target audience I guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,445 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Decent ending to the trilogy. Some great set pieces, and a satisfying climax (much more Hollywood than the book, and all the better for it).

2nd best out of the 3 movies.

It was ok. They shouldn't have waited so long to release the third part though, cos I forgot most of what happened in part two.

Couldn't be helped. Dylan O'Brien was injured in a car stunt on set (and got a concussion and brain injury) so it was delayed a year.

The middle movie was pretty forgettable anyway.

• Advertisement

Yes I know, but still. In a way, I'd almost think rather than waiting two years and releasing a third part no one seems specially bothered by, they should have almost rebooted per se, and maybe condescended/chopped enough stuff to put 3 books worth of content into one film.

A reverse hobbit? Instead of taking one very short book and stretching it across 3 movies, you take 1100 pages and squash it into one? :)

Mr E wrote: »
    A reverse hobbit? Instead of taking one very short book and stretching it across 3 movies, you take 1100 pages and squash it into one? :)

Exactly! Do that with fifty shades as well, instead of inflicting 3 of those things on people!

Finally got around to getting to it and thurley enjoyed it and it was solid finish to the trilogy some great set pieces to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,032 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Seen the trailer for these years ago in the cinema and didn't bother with them, thought it was a kids film. Just finished watching the first two, and thought they were very very good. Great action films, but a great tone in them too. As good as any action film I've seen in years.

Got the girlfriend and few mates to watch the first one too, all impressed. These films passed alot of people by on their release I think, think they were wrote off as kids films. They should have been alot bigger. Watch the third tomorrow, and apparently two prequel books written too

Advertisement