Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Away Six Nations Tickets Advice

• 25-09-2017 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

I am looking to get tickets to the England v Ireland Six Nations game in Twickenham in March for myself and the old man. Looking at as many different options as possible but being a member of a local club (which I am not) seems like the only real option.

I looked into joining the supporters club but peoples experience with it seem to vary greatly. I don't even know if you can buy away tickets through them.

Can anyone else offer any advice on how to go about getting a couple or even success stories on how you got them that I could copy/steal!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

its very difficult

rarely from Supporters club

only guaranteed option is buy a package through offical travel agent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭PMC83

Been in the supporters club a few years and have never seen any mention of England away tickets. I'm sure that the IRFU have a certain allocation but they seem to go only to a select few.

Wales and England away generally very hard to get. Last year Wales away appeared about a week before the match, so can be a gamble if you decide to wait...as by that time flight and hotels are through the roof.

If you are willing to pay over the odds Viagogo are legit, I have used them before but only out of desperation..

• Administrators Posts: 53,342 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

PMC83 wrote: »
    Been in the supporters club a few years and have never seen any mention of England away tickets. I'm sure that the IRFU have a certain allocation but they seem to go only to a select few.

Wales and England away generally very hard to get. Last year Wales away appeared about a week before the match, so can be a gamble if you decide to wait...as by that time flight and hotels are through the roof.

If you are willing to pay over the odds Viagogo are legit, I have used them before but only out of desperation..

Viagogo are ticket touts and therefore not to be discussed or promoted on this forum.

Do not buy from them, or any other tout website. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

We joined the wales supporters club last year for 25 quid and got 6 tickets in the end. Was well worth it.

We bought on the street, at over the odds prices outside twickenham the year before. Wouldnt do it again tbh..London is not a great city for an away game imo, its completely lost in a city that size.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

tototoe wrote: »
    We joined the wales supporters club last year for 25 quid and got 6 tickets in the end. Was well worth it.

We bought on the street, at over the odds prices outside twickenham the year before. Wouldnt do it again tbh..London is not a great city for an away game imo, its completely lost in a city that size.

Agree with this. I went 2 years ago and enjoyed the day despite paying 4 times face value from a tout.
    But it's a case of "been there done that" as far as Twickenham goes. A soulless location with the nearest pub being a 20 minute walk away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Your only reliable way to get tickets for England away is to go through one of the reliable travel agents for one of the package trips; the likes of Marathon and that. It is obscenely dear but it represents your best chance. Even having a membership of English clubs is a slim hope given the hugely massive demand for tickets over there; plus your packaged ticket comes from somewhere, don't ya know.

As an aside, tickets for the home game here versus Italy are generally made available to the general public. Perhaps you could look at this as a cheaper and safer option, and save the London trip for another time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

awec wrote: »
    Viagogo are ticket touts and therefore not to be discussed or promoted on this forum.

Do not buy from them, or any other tout website. :)

Just to add on this, they are the promoted second source for Scottish Rugby tickets, with endorsements form the SRU, which is ridiculous.

I think that needs to be known given the topic of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 markhiggins87

Hi All,

Thanks so much for all the replies! I am a registered member of the Scottish Supporters Club and have got tickets for games in Edinburgh a few times so I think signing up to the Welsh one is a good call!

I will do my best to pull some "contacts" out of the woodwork and see what happens! It is disappointing that a supporters club that mentions the opportunity to buy tickets doesn't seem to be producing the goods for too many people. For a game that the top dogs are looking to promote and grow you would imagine that knowing the right people shouldn't be the only way to get tickets but I suppose it is Ireland after all!

Advertisement