Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 GAMSAT cut-offs

Options
  • 18-09-2017 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi all,
    Does anyone know what the 2017 cut-off points for this incoming class was?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

Apparently RCSI went down to 58, but I'm not sure what the cut offs were for the other 3 Universities. Hopefully someone else knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 medennial

I think UL was 55/54 (as far as I've heard) but I'm open to correction!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Recap

medennial wrote: »
    I think UL was 55/54 (as far as I've heard) but I'm open to correction!

Pretty much in line with last year then.

Would be interested to know the cut-offs for the other three universities.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cloudmed

The cut offs are on the CAO site under Media + Statistics:

http://www2.cao.ie/points/l8.php

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

cloudmed wrote: »

Thanks cloudmed. The UCC points are not listed for some reason, I wonder if they went down at all.

• Advertisement

cloudmed wrote: »

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭ilovesmecounty

Hey guys,

This may already have been answered elsewhere and if so apologies. I will be sitting the Gamsat again next March in the hopes of getting into GEM. Just wondering (and I'm aware I'm looking way into the future) what happens after you graduate? Is it compulsory to complete the intern year straight after that and does it have to be done in an Irish hospital, or could it potentially be deferred? Asking as personal circumstances may dictate I take a year out to either have baby or travel with hubby who is kindly going to allow his career take a back seat so I can study but I obviously will have to return the favour at some stage!

Hey guys,

This may already have been answered elsewhere and if so apologies. I will be sitting the Gamsat again next March in the hopes of getting into GEM. Just wondering (and I'm aware I'm looking way into the future) what happens after you graduate? Is it compulsory to complete the intern year  straight after that and does it have to be done in an Irish hospital, or could it potentially be deferred? Asking as personal circumstances may dictate I take a year out to either have baby or travel with hubby who is kindly going to allow his career take a back seat so I can study but I obviously will have to return the favour at some stage!
    Hello,
    To answer your question, you can take a gap year and it seems many do take some time off. I believe that one of the criteria for doing the intern year is that you have to have graduated in the previous two years. Furthermore, you do not need to complete your internship in Ireland but it's recommended that you do so in a territory that the Medical Council considers 'equal' in terms of teaching quality.
    I highly recommend you watch the following video (it's 40-minutes long but well worth it):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiI4nTO7QcE
    In it they presenters answers all your queries in detail.
    I hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭ilovesmecounty

Thanks for that info! Headphones in now, giving the video my full attention. Thanks again!

Thanks for that info! Headphones in now, giving the video my full attention. Thanks again!
    You are very welcome. I hope it's helpful! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement